We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotel Reccomendation

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Airport Hotel Reccomendation

Hello,

My friend and I are flying into KL at 10:40pm and then flying onto Bali the next morning...any suggesstions for a clean, safe airport hotel to sleep off some JETLAG before going to Bali????

We will be back for a few nights staying at the Mandarin in KL on our way home...we do not need anything this luxurious for just a few hours...maybe something $60-$100 fo rte night...pls. advise and your help is much appreciated...Thanks...SML

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Airport Hotel Reccomendation

Hi SMLDallas,

There are two options to have an overnight stopover at KLIA. One is the airside transit hotel (sound proof from airport noise) and the other is to stay in either Pan Pacific Hotel (5 stars, about USD130, using its own site) or Concorde Inn (3 stars, about USD 65 using

kl-hotels.com).

If your morning flight is rather early in the morning, I suggest airside hotel which is bookable at www.klia.com.my/index.php?ch=22&pg=72&ac=49.

If your budget is under USD100, then, Pan Pacific which is a very nice quite hotel is out. Concorde Inn is ok if you don't mind it looks and feels like a single storey motel in the US! I think it was converted from a school to a hotel, the hotel is dead and you can only use it to sleep and have breakfast, no much else to do, hence don't expect luxury and the room is very basic. The hotel provides shuttles service to KLIA. http://www.concorde.net/sepang/rates.htm

In veiw of this, airside transit hotel is a good choice if your flight is in the morning.

Note that if you are flying Air Asia, it is at the other end of KLIA which takes about 20-30 mins on bus and taxi.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
2. Re: Airport Hotel Reccomendation

Hi SML, is your flight to Bali with MH or AK?, if MH, airside hotel is suggested, room go by hourly rates, so you can work around the $60-S100 budget of yours.

If flying to Bali by AirAsia, then either Concorde Inn or Empress Hotel. Empress is much closer to AirAsia terminal(viz.LCCT). Rates on both properties hover around RM150-RM160 (i.e. USD43-USD45-depending if the Ringgit continues its downtrend against the greenback).

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3. Re: Airport Hotel Reccomendation

Thank you both so much.

We are going to fly Air Asia and I am booking those flights today.

One more question:

Should I be concerned about booking Air Asia?? I am booking these flights seperate from my Trravel Agent and she was not familiar with them.

Any advice you can gove would be much appreciated...thank you so much! SML

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
4. Re: Airport Hotel Reccomendation

Hi SML, in relation to making flight reservation independently for AirAsia vide their website, after keying your origin/destination, dates of travel, and nos. of paxes, next window shows flight availability, and time of departure, believe for Bali there are two departures outbound and inbound, after ticking your preferred choice of flight, you will be directed to another window, indicating the cost of fares and tax & fees.

Continue with the process, and also remember to tick at far right hand corner in relation to acceptance of terms and conditions, then a secured window appears for inputting your passport names, address, a contact number (very important on this, in case, AirAsia needs to contact you in event of any unforseen circumstances-so the number you provide should be a cellular phone that you will be bringing along with you to Malaysia), check again on screen, if the SSL (yellow padlock) is there, before inputting your credit card details and also your email (make sure the email address you provide does not in any way prevent AirAsia from sending you an email reply).

Then, AirAsia will send an email to you acknowledging your booking and also confirmation, and also its pertinent terms and conditions, added to that, also for your to print out your booking slip which contains a booking number, of which when checking in, you may need to mention this information.

Do take note of AirAsia slightly lower baggage allowance of only 15kgs.

Do expect Net traffic over AirAsia to be rather congested these few days, as yesterday, they started to offer fares as low as RM0.30, and even return fares/pax from KL to Bali at only RM60.00.

Happy AirAsia booking. If you need anything on Bali, do visit TA Bali forum of which I have also some postings( recently came back from a Spa Village in Tembok-located at NE of Bali, and also few nights in Legian at CLub.

Have an safe and pleasant flight, and Selamat Datang Ke Malaysia (welcome to Malaysia), in Bali, check out the inside pages in TA, particularly in relation to drivers in Bali, and also great eating places, and of course the art and culture of this place.

Have a nice day.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5. Re: Airport Hotel Reccomendation

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

We are all set...flights booked.

I really appreciate the piece of mind...

6. Re: Airport Hotel Reccomendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 21, 2009