We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help on accomodations in Kuala LUmpur please

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
251 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Help on accomodations in Kuala LUmpur please

Hi, We are planning on a vacation to KL this April 1st for about a week. We plan to book on timeshare exchange and would like your opinions please. Our group consists of: 5 adults, 3 teens, and 2 kids aged 10 and 2. My main concern is the cleanliness of the place. We plan on going shopping and to Petronas and other touristy places like the street market and stuff but distance isn't such a problem, as long as taxis are accessible. These are my choices:

1. Crown Regency - Rental

2. Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur

3. Duta Vista Executive Suites

4. KL Plaza Suites

Any information on these places would be very much appreciated, negative or positive feedback is welcome.

Thanks so much in advance!

Kuala Lumpur
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help on accomodations in Kuala LUmpur please

The better question is what are your expectations? KL Plaza I definitly would not recomend. Try Holiday Villa, Darby Hotel, Micasa, or better yet Lanson's Place. But then again I think accomodations are 70% of the experience. Better you invest in better acomodations. It will make your trip more memorable.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
251 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help on accomodations in Kuala LUmpur please

No expectations, just what I wrote down is my criteria :) And my choices are limited so I'd appreciate comments/suggestions based on my list. Thanks!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
25 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help on accomodations in Kuala LUmpur please

if distance is not a problem, you should give this website a look, www.malaysia-bnb.com. It's not exactly in KL, maybe about 20 minutes or so, but its also near to shopping area and taxis are easily available.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help on accomodations in Kuala LUmpur please

All listed are about 4 star and look a little aged. So I suppose you may want to choose by location instead.

Haven't stayed at any of these, but location wise KL Plaza would be the best. Its located along the Shopping Street Jalan Bukit Bintang. I could spend 2 days at the area without running out of places to shop.

Duta Vista is not in KL City Center and is not near anything. Is like a suburb condominum (in fact I think that was the original design). You will have to take a cab everywhere you go. Not recommended location wise.

Not sure whether the Crown Regency mentioned is the one along Jalan P Ramlee. If it is, its right smack next to the dance clubs and can get noisy at night, excellent place to stay for dance club goers, prob not so good for the family. However, its near to KLCC.

5. Re: Help on accomodations in Kuala LUmpur please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 22, 2009