We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

Hi, on sept 19th I should check in before 5 pm in a hostel in Nagasaki. At what time should I leave Shinjuki in the morning? Sorry, but not easy to use the timetable. Thanks in advance

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

Take the Shinkansen Hikari No.501 from Shinagawa departing at 06:34 from Shinagawa (06:26 from Tokyo). It will arrive at Shin-Osaka at 09:30. Change to Shinkansen Sakura No.551 departing at 09:59. It will arrive at Hakata (Fukuoka) at 12:39. Then, you'll change to Ltd Exp Kamome No.23 departing at 14:48. It will arrive at Nagasaki at 14:48.

You'll be travelling the distance of 1333km. Take a book to read, and buy bento lunch boxes along the way (purchase at stations or inside the train). Bringing your favorite snacks, a large PET bottle of tea or water might be a good idea.

Edited: 1:47 am, July 23, 2012
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

Wow....what a quick and complete answer !! Thank you so much for your help and suggestions !

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,383 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

You can search for train schedules at Hyperdia. Under "Search Details", deselect the NOZOMI / MIZUHO / HAYABUSA (SHINKANSEN) and Private Railway options and you will get JR Pass valid trains.

http://www.hyperdia.com

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

Thank you so much !

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

I am sorry, I've made an error about the departure time of Ltd Exp Kamome No.23 from Hakata (Fukuoka). It's 12:55, obviously not 14:48 as stated in my first post.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
60 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

No worries at all, once more super Thanks to you !

7. Re: Shinjuki - Nagasaki by JR (pass holder)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 11, 2013