We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don Quijote pricing

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
256 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Don Quijote pricing

HI to all,

Is the pricing of Don Quijote Dotonburi really cheaper in comparison to other stores or even grocery stores? I got the impression before that they are Tax Free but is it really cheaper?

many thanks to all...

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
57,898 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don Quijote pricing

Donki shops aren't tax free.

They sell a bit of everything with decent prices, but they aren't necessarily always the cheapest.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don Quijote pricing

Don Quijote (Donki) stores have low prices, but their merchandise mix is geared towards teenagers and junk food fans buying on impulse. They play very loud music, so bring earplugs if you plan to stay more than ten minutes!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,417 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don Quijote pricing

>> merchandise mix is geared towards teenagers and junk food fans buying on impulse

If you ventured beyond the bottom 2 floors, you will see stuff like Rolex, Dom Perignon, Tumi, kitchen appliances, furniture .... stuff that don't fit the above description.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don Quijote pricing

I was in too much of a hurry to escape from the music!

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
145 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don Quijote pricing

You can find good deals at Donki but some stuff is over priced too. If you are a serious shopper and compare prices you can find deals here and better deals at other places depends on how much your time is worth to you in the end.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
256 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don Quijote pricing

Yes I was there 2 years ago and bought some souvenirs and cookies, snacks, water etc. I didn't really bothered to compare too much of the prices since I was already there and just bought a few items and it seems at a decent prices but this time I am going back again so I just want to make sure if there are other places that is worth looking into or just have the confidence to just purchase stuff there since I am getting a good deal in general.

tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don Quijote pricing

I don't know about the stores in Osaka, but I'm pretty sure they sell the same stuff in Tokyo stores too.

The pricing tends to be average but it depends on the product. At Donki you can usually find things (imported items) that you generally won't find in a regular Japanese supermarket (I've found things like rootbeer etc). For electronics, you'll find cheaper Chinese import electronics etc you usually wouldn't find at Yodobashi or BicCamera for example.

Clothes tends to be so-so depending on the item. I've found cheaper stuff at Seiyu (in the clothes) market.

So it just depends on what you are looking for. I go to Donki when I'm looking for interesting stuff you can't find in regular Japanese stores.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
256 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don Quijote pricing

Anyway, thanks for all your answers and inputs... Is there any supermarkets in Namba area that sells japanese items that is relatively good price? I mean I know Daiso but they sometimes also sell China or other countries items package in Japanese design only. thanks in advance!

9. Re: Don Quijote pricing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 18, 2015