We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

market tour & visit to Sayamaike Museum, Osakasayama city

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
market tour & visit to Sayamaike Museum, Osakasayama city

hi.. i wan to visit the osaka market. is it worth going if i go around 10am? after a lunch there, i thought of making a trip to sayamaike museum, a building by Tadao Ando. is it far from osaka town? i understand that i can take the Nankai Koya Line , and exit at the Osakasayamashi Station. How far will the journey be? I will be staying at the Swissotel Hotel, is the namba station (the one at the bottom of the hotel) where i take Nankai koya line?

Osaka, Japan
Level Contributor
428 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: market tour & visit to Sayamaike Museum, Osakasayama city

Hello,

Not sure what market you are referring to......there is no central Osaka market.......unless you mean the Kuromon market in Namba?

Anyway, Osakasayamashi station is about 25 minutes on the Nankai Koya line (not the main line), and costs 430 yen one way. You should take the express train to Kitanoda station and then switch to a local train.

BUT, again, not sure if Tadao Ando designed a building there: I found a list of all his buildings on Wikipedia, and no mention of anything in Osakasayamashi. Plenty of other buildings & houses of his in Osaka though, including the Suntory Museum, which is near the Tempozan aquarium at Osakako station on the green subway line.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: market tour & visit to Sayamaike Museum, Osakasayama city

Hi OsakaRay, actually i got the info from galinsky.com/buildings/sayamaike/index.htm. As for the Suntory Museum, think will go there for a visit, since it is not very far. thanks.

3. Re: market tour & visit to Sayamaike Museum, Osakasayama city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 11, 2009