We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osaka + Kyoto

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Osaka + Kyoto

I am planning a 4-days trip to Osaka and a day to Kyoto.

Do you think 4 days will be enough for both Osaka and Kyoto or I need 5 days in total? (I am not going to the Universal Studios.)

As I've got the JR-pass, is it possible to stay all nights in Osaka and simply make a day-trip to Kyoto by Shinkansen? Is a day-trip enough for seeing Kyoto?

And...I'm deciding whether to stay at Hotel New Hankyu or Osaka Daiichi. I only found that both of their locations are very convenient. But in general which one is better?

Thank you..

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osaka + Kyoto

Most of the things to see are in Kyoto so it would be better to stay there & visit Osaka for the day.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
54,185 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Osaka + Kyoto

Kyoto definitely deserves more time. I would say the minimum is 2 days. If you have been to Tokyo before or you are going to Tokyo on this trip, then one day at Osaka for some shopping and walking around is probably enough. Since you have a JR Pass, staying at Kyoto or Osaka is not much of a difference as you can ride Shinkansen.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,602 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Osaka + Kyoto

Id' stay in Kyoto and make a day trip to Osaka. The most convenient hotel for sightseeing in Kyoto is the Granvia, located in Kyoto Station complex.

4. Re: Osaka + Kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 31, 2009