We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

I am flying in via Kansai Airport and my first destination would be Kyoto.

I am intending to take Haruka Airport Express KIX, since there is promotion for foreigner.

Is it a must to get ICOCA card at the same time?

I notice Kansai One Pass, is it the same as ICOCA? and is it worth to get since i am travelling with kyoto, osaka and nara?

My flight is at 10.55am departing from Kansai Airport. I would be leaving my hotel at Osaka Station.

Limousine bus or Kansai Airport Rapid Service is a better option?

As i read that the morning crowd on the train could be quite bad, if i am taking Kansai Airport Rapid Service, i would be taking 7.28am train departing from Osaka Station.

13 replies to this topic
Macau, China
Level Contributor
7,019 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

>>Is it a must to get ICOCA card at the same time?

If you get your an ICOCA card and show it to the ticket counter, you can buy the Haruka discounted ticket alone.

>>I notice Kansai One Pass, is it the same as ICOCA?

Kansai One Pass = ICOCA = Kansai version of EZ-Link Card. The only different is that Kansai One Pass provides some discounts of some shops and the design is different.

>>is it worth to get since i am travelling with kyoto, osaka and nara?

It is like asking "Is it worth to get an EZ-Link card since I am traveling to Orchard, Marina Bay and Chinatown?"

The answer is yes for me BTW

>>My flight is at 10.55am departing from Kansai Airport. I would be leaving my hotel at Osaka Station.

Still get the discounted ticket for Haruka via Shin-Osaka with JPY 1300. Rush hour is not a problem if you are taking the train which starts services at Osaka. Make your way to Shin-Osaka Station (1 stop away from Osaka, 3-4 minutes only) so that you can take the 07:47 Haruka and arrive at Kansai Airport at 08:53.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,957 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

You must buy or have an existing ICOCA in order to get the Haruka discount. That's why the package is "ICOCA & Haruka." You should be able to request the Kansai One Pass instead of the ICOCA as KOP is an ICOCA in disguise. It even has the ICOCA name printed on it. There is no downside of getting the KOP vs a regular ICOCA.

Agree with Hiro--get the same discount deal for Osaka to KIX. Take the short train ride to Shin-Osaka and then change to Haruka Express. Note that with this deal, you can only ride in the unreserved carriage. However, you should be able to find seats at Shin-Osaka.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

Thanks HiroSKMT and SammyF1oyd clear explanations. =)

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

Hi, I am travelling to Kyoto and ,next year in January. Can I know if I can use the Haruka card this way:

I am travelling from KIX to Kyoto station on 1st January and then to Osaka on the 5th January and from Osaka back to KIX on the 7th January.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,497 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

If you have the choice then Kansai One Pass is better than ICOCA, it offers some discounts and it has a picture of Astro Boy.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

Hi ...

I am travelling for 9 days at Japan

Osaka 3 days, Kyoto 2 days, Hakone 1 day, Kawaguchi 1 day, Tokyo 2 days and go back.

What kind of Pass do I need to use?

Thanks,

Shinta

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,957 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

If you fly into Osaka and fly out of Tokyo, you don't need any sort of JR Pass. For Hakone and Kawaguchiko, get the Fuji Hakone Pass without Tokyo transfers (Odawara version).

odakyu.jp/english/deels/freepass/fujihakone/

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

Hi, can someone help me whether can I use Icoca & Haruka or Kansai One Pass to all subway line and buses in Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe and Nara?

Thanks very much

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,957 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

Please read Hiro's response in #1 of this thread to understand what an ICOCA = Kansai One Pass. This is the prepaid stored value card you use to get around on local transport, including trains and subways. The Haruka component of ICOCA & Haruka gives you two separate things: an ICOCA and a discounted Haruka ticket.

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass

Hello, I was wondering how many discounted haruka tickets can you get per ICOCA? Is it only one discount haruka ticket per ICOCA/person?

Reply to: ICOCA & Haruka, Kansai One Pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted