We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Revised itinerary

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Revised itinerary

Hi,

ok so now I think I have my plan in a better order, what do you think?

Will I fit it all in or do I need more?

Day 1 - Arrived from Tokyo - PM - Gion and Pontocho Alley

Day 2 - AM - kinkakuji temple PM - Arashiyama - Tenryu-ji Temple, Bamboo Forest, Okochi-Sanso villa. if time Hozu-gawa river I have heard you can hire row boats here?

Day 3- AM- Fushimi Inari PM- market tour and cooking class

Day 4- return to Tokyo

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Revised itinerary

Day 1: Not sure where you are staying at and what time you are arriving, but you may want to send your luggage from Tokyo to your hotel or leave at the Kyoto station and go to Fushimi Inari instead of Gion. It is very close by train- after the Fushimi Inari, you could get on to JR,come back to Kyoto station or take Keihan Rail to go visit other tourist spots on East side, like Kiyomizu Dera, though you will need to walk slight up hill from the station for about 15-25 mins.

Or do the Gion (right at the exit of Shijo Keihan) is the very West Side of Gion.

Day 3 : Instead of Fushimi Inari, you could spend time around main tourist area in the morning. That way, you do not have to worry about changing train and getting back on time to your cooking class. You could visit Kodaiji, Ishibei Koji, Yasaka as well as Gion. If your purpose of Gion visit is Maiko and Geiko, you will have more chance of seeing them in the night. Ponto cho is more fun in the night as well. It's mostly eateries.

Day 2: I doubt you will have time to do the Hozu gawa river ride unless you do that first thing in the morning.

http://www.hozugawakudari.jp/en/

It's fun to take Torokko train up. Particularly in late autumn when fall foliage (October is a bit too early for that), or cherry blossom season is in season, the sight from the Torokko is spectacular.

Edited: 5:10 pm, May 14, 2014
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Revised itinerary

Sorry forgot to add the hotel, we are staying at the Royal park the Kyoto.

I have added GIon for that evening as I believe it is walking distance from the hotel.

The cookery class that I have seen starts around 2pm so I was thinking of doing Fushimi Inari first thing then doing the cookery class and spending the evening around the main area of Kyoto. how long would it take to get to Fushimi Inari from our hotel would this work?

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Revised itinerary

Yap, It'll work. Get to the station and finding entrance/figuring out how to purchase tickets, 10-15 mins, wait for train ~10+ mins, actual train ride is like 10-15mins.

Enjoy!

Edited: 6:31 pm, May 14, 2014
4. Re: Revised itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 16, 2015