We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long at Fushimi Inari?

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
How long at Fushimi Inari?

How long does it take to walk from JR Inari station to the look out point, and back down to the station?

We are average walkers, not fast, not slow, and we will probably spend a total of 30 mins stopping for breaks along the way and spending time at the lookout point.

Thanks.

Johor Bahru...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

I think the last time I was there. Took abt 1 hour to get up there. But seriously, don't think the walk was worth it.

Johor Bahru...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

Abt 1 hour. But didn't felt the hike was worth it

3. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, December 23, 2013
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,128 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

I think the above poster is in the minority. Fushimi Inari is simply awesome. It's one of the best attractions in Kyoto.

If you want to do the whole loop, which I highly recommend, you'll need 1.5-2 hours. It's not a place for totally out os shape individuals, though.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

I'd agree with Shibuyakko, 1.5 to 2 hours. I stopped along the way to take photos of the torii gates and some of the smaller shrines on the way up the hill which had smaller torii and fox statues in them. There are lots of little details which I found really interesting.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,346 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

Fushmi Inari is one of the most striking sights so it will be well worth your time. The walk up consists of many steps though. Although the steps are spaced out so it's a gentle enough climb for most, it does last quite a while.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
802 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

I went to the top and am really glad I did it. I think it was about 2 hours total up and down.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
715 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

It took me closer to 3 hours. but it was a *very* hot day, so I was going slowly and making lots of stops! It was my third trip to Kyoto and I couldn't believe that I'd never made time to go before. I'd say it's now one of my top 3 "unmissable" sights in Kyoto.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

Thanks for all the replies. We'll allocate about 2 hours at Fushimi Inari. Just another quick question... we are thinking of going there during sunset, but have read that it can be a little dangerous to climb down the steps at night, especially with the moss and the dim lighting. Any first-hand experiences with this? Opinions? Thanks

10. Re: How long at Fushimi Inari?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 26, 2014