We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Topic
Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

Hi I am staying at 40 Awataguchi Sanjobocho, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto. Hence is there any buses from Kansai Airport that travel to here? thanks

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

No there is not.

www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/access/bus/

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,653 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

No, the bus from KIX terminates at Kyoto Station (a few of them go on to Nijo, Sanjo and Demachiyanagi.)

kate.co.jp/pc/…from

Take a taxi from Kyoto Station.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,339 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

You might as well take Haruka Express to Kyoto station before changing to a taxi. Using ICOCA & Haruka, it will be cheaper and faster than the bus.

westjr.co.jp/global/…

Edited: 11:00 pm, October 17, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

Using ICOCA & Haruka, and paying at the vending machine, is there any price different on the travel?

Also if i taking the haruka express, don't it better i transit to Kyoto City Subway Tozai Line to reach Higashiyama instead of taking cab?

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KANSAI%20AIRPORT&arv_node=HIGASHIYAMA(KYOTO)&via_node01=&via_node02=&via_node03=&year=2013&month=12&day=01&hour=08&minute=36&search_type=0&search_way=&transtime=undefined&sort=0&max_route=5&ship=off&sprnozomi=off&lmlimit=null&search_target=route&facility=reserved&sum_target=7

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

Unlike EZ-link card, there is no price difference between ICOCA card and single ticket.

http://www.ecoandtec.jp/en/guidemap.html Kyoto subway works without problem.

Edited: 2:10 am, October 18, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,339 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

To clarify, ICOCA doesn't offer a discount when traveling. As Nao said, the fare is the same between ICOCA and single ticket.

ICOCA & Haruka as a whole is a package consisting of an ICOCA card and Haruka Express ticket(s) so when you said in #4 "Using ICOCA & Haruka...", I just want to make sure you meant ICOCA.

Regarding transport from Kyoto station, "better" is based on your personal preference. Subway requires walking up and down to transfer at Kyoto station, and then walking up to ground level again at Higashiyama. With a taxi direct, it will be door-to-door from Kyoto station at a cost. You have to decide yourself based on cost vs convenience.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

thanks, may i know how the taxi cost in kyoto? eg if i travel 5 km , how much will it cost? thanks

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,519 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

http://www.taxisite.com/far/

This site said around 1500yen.

9. Re: Kansai Airport to Higashiyama Kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 20, 2014