We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto in August

Langholm, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kyoto in August

Hello,

I am looking for some advice. I have friends coming over in August to visit. I live on Sado Island in the Sea of Japan. If you don't already know it is really beutiful and has lots of amazing cultural attractions. My friends seem hell bent on going to Kyoto, but I am worried about the heat and humidity (they are Scottish!). Also they are only here for one week. We also have to go to Tokyo - we are going to Summer Sonic. I feel like I am being selfish, but I also don't want to pay a fortune for shinkansen tickets to spend two sweating like in maniac, when they could see lots of cool stuff here on Sado and then head to Tokyo in a more relaxed fashion.

Thoughts, ideas, appreciated,

Cheers

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kyoto in August

Yes, it'll be bloody hot in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima and the rest of Japan. I have never been to Sado, but it is all that much cooler there? As long as your friends are coming all the way over to Japan for a visit, it would be a shame if they missed out on cultural treasures such as Kyoto. Dress comfortably, drink a lot of cold beer and stay in a place with proper air conditioning!

2. Re: Kyoto in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 12, 2009