We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy days in Kyoto

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy days in Kyoto

Hi all,

I have noticed that the weather isn't looking promising for this weekend in Kyoto, which has typically coincided with my two-day trip!

So, does anybody have any recommendations for things to do in Kyoto on a rainy day?

Many thanks,

Rich

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,038 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy days in Kyoto

Buy an umbrella, perhaps a pair of cheap socks at a convenience store, and visit the places that you've planned already. Perhaps take your time in coffee shops or in less visited museums like Kyoto National Museum if rain falls cats and dogs, but it won't last. Nishiki Market, Shinkyogoku and Teramachi arcades have roofs. On Saturday, I see that there is 70% possibility; on Sunday 40%. So, you still have 30% and 60% probability of no rain.

Edited: 7:59 am, April 03, 2013
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,038 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy days in Kyoto

Japanese gardens look better in the rain. Have fun walking around. If you have less people out because of rain, it's a bonus.

Kinkakuji in the rain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZtjOdp3_qk

Edited: 8:05 am, April 03, 2013
Kyoto
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy days in Kyoto

1.A bit expensive, but you could consider Kyoto aquarium(2000 yen).

2.Window shopping in the Kyoto Station building and neighboring Yodobashi Camera for Japanese electronics and toys, games etc.

3. Kawaramachi area - Nishiki food market etc.

4. Re: Rainy days in Kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 05, 2014