We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

Hi,

I'm visitng Osaka/Kyoto for the first time and will be arriving in Osaka first and travelling to Kyoto.

I didn't realise that 24th-25th Nov weekend is Japan's national holidays. Every travel agent and hotel website seems to be fully booked. Can anyone recommend a town outside of Kyoto or Osaka that is not too far to travel from, that might have a bit more availability?

Any help is appreciated.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

It's real shock to travel without booking available. I found few hotels in Osaka, 23 nov, from agoda.com which you have to book immediately before it once again blackout.

1) lodge tyojirou in Kansai airport. Super cheap hotel but when run out of option, there you have to go.

2) first cabin midosuji-namba.

3) new capsule hotel aldebaran.

4) capsule inn Osaka (male only).

24 nov, Kyoto.

Your luck on very high end. Hotel Aoi Kyoto Stay which is super expensive, $823/night. On agoda.com as well.

I've browsed through

1. Starwood Preffered Guest

2. Agoda.com

3. Ichotelsgroup.com

2. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:18 am, November 01, 2012
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,905 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

You might look for rooms in Kobe, Nara, Kameoka, or in Shiga Prefecture around Otsu. You must look at the location before you reserve.

There could be cancels on the day, and local tourist information center can assist you without charge in (trying to) finding rooms.

If you are alone, you might consider staying for those nights at Manga Cafe. See whether hostels are available before that.

Edited: 6:00 am, November 01, 2012
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

Osaka is a big city you would have more options there than in Kyoto - both cities are surrounded by dreary suburbs that extend into the next city. Suburbs always have small business hotels clustered around railway stations. They probably won't feature too much on the tourist booking sites, some may not have websites (japanese language websites return better results) If you aren't fussy you are sure to find a business hotel in the city or 'burbs.

rakuten's Japanese site shows availability on those dates at the following small 'business & capsule' hotels in the Osaka area: check maps for locations as some are not downtown:

Business Hotel Kansai, Fukusuke Business Hotel,Yoshihisa home Business Hotel, Hamayu Hotel, Hatsune Hotel, Sakai Hotel, Regency Agoura,

Capsule AMZA (Amuza), New Capsule Hotel Aldebaran, Ave Tennouji Hotel (men only), New Business Ryokan Wakamatsu

Edited: 8:49 am, November 01, 2012
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,495 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

they key to getting rooms you want is book whatever is available for those days, then keep checking for cancellations at the hotels you really want, multiple times a day, everyday.

Travellers from many Asian cities were able to get rooms through their local travel agents(consolidators).

24th-25th Nov is long weekend + fall foliage(kyoto) + marathon run (osaka)

Edited: 11:15 am, November 01, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

Thanks all for your replies.

bibimbob - I will keep checking for cancellations.

Elly - Thanks for suggesting outside of osaka. I will definitely look into those areas you've suggested.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

Also check out these price comparison websites that check most of the online boking websites.

www.hotelscombined.com

www.comparior.com

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,166 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

Yikes, everything does appear fully booked ...

I found a couple, but they are more then 60 km away ...

hotelopia.nl/h/…

Links don't work, so I'll shorten and you can google yourself:

http://www.booking.com hotel/jp/tsuruya-tsuruga.

http://www.booking.com hotel/jp/business-takagi.

(I hope the links work ...)

Edited: 4:14 pm, November 08, 2012
9. Re: Can't find hotel during 23th-25th Nov. Help Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 20, 2013