We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Mitsui garden shijo

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Mitsui garden shijo

I just booked a night stay at the mitsui garden shijo. I'll be taking the kinetsu train from Higashi-Ikoma station, what station do I get off at that is walking distance to the hotel (I won't have much luggage so walking is not an issue).

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,090 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Mitsui garden shijo

A quasi-rapid/local from Higashi Ikoma to Saidaiji then from here transfer to a rapid or a limited express(500yen seat fee incurred) going to Kyoto, all on Kintentsu. You need to switch to subway once you get out Kintetsu Kyoto; both stations located in the huge station complex. Shijo Karasuma is your destination station, 2stops away. Um, I had several occasion in the past to cover the distance between Shijo Karasuma and Kintetsu/JR Kyoto, 25-30min walk. Yes 99 per cent of the time people will train/bus it.

2. Re: Getting to Mitsui garden shijo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 14, 2013