We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrangement in Arashiyama

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Arrangement in Arashiyama

Hi to all TA members,

I need some input on the above. I'll be travelling to Arashiyama in mid November together with my children (aged 6 & 8).

a) Since it is a peak season for autumn foliage, do I need to early purchase the ticket for Sagano Scenic Railway? If yes, where can I get it? I'll be in Osaka and Kyoto before coming to this area.

b) Can I know if there is any bus pass available for this area?

c) Are there any other temples best visited for autumn colours? I only put Tenryuji Temple in my itinerary.

d) Is the Orgel Music Box Museum worth visiting? My girl loves music box.

e) Can I know what is the sunset time during Nov?

I'm intend to visit the following places as well (if possible):-

1. Monkey Park

2. Rakushisha

3. Bamboo Grooves

Is it involve too many walkings? I'm worried my children might be tired. Kyoto Walk suggested it could be 1-4 hours walking depending on the route. Worried that there be a repeat walking route? I could not figure out the distance from one place to another in the map given.

Thank you very much for any valuable input.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Arrangement in Arashiyama

Thank you Shot for your great informative posting. Its really help, hope others find it valuable too.

Gosh, i'm looking at the wrong Takao, silly me.

Yes, just done some short research, there is a bus from Kyoto to Takao; which takes abt 1 hour ride. I think probably bus is not a big issue now.

Guess overall may seems like a doable itinerary for me & my children. I hope the fall colours and the highlights mentioned at Jingoji temple will be something for my children. Thanks alot!

Yes, Meyem. Golden Pavilion is very much worth visiting, I've been here during Hanami it's beautiful; but pack with tourists. In my opinion it wouldn't be a place for my children, at least.

Dumaguete City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Arrangement in Arashiyama

How do I go from Ryoan-ji Temple to Arashiyama, and from Arashiyama to the Nishiki Market in Shijo dori?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Arrangement in Arashiyama

The easiest way from Ryoanji to Arashiyama (Tenryuji perhaps) is by taxi, but you can walk to Ryoanji-michi station on Randen tram (aka Keifuku Electric Railroad) which will take you to Arashiyama. You can take the Randen tram from Arashiyama to Shijo Omiya then take a short Hankyu Ride to Karasuma or Kawaramachi. Nishiki Market aracde is one or two street north of Shijo street.

Edited: 9:18 am, February 03, 2013
14. Re: Arrangement in Arashiyama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 05, 2014