We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryokan recommendations

Liphook, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Ryokan recommendations

A strange request. We are travelling to Japan next year and are busy planning. we are me, my husband and daughter (grown up). Daughter and I want to stay in a ryokan in Kyoto, but there is no way my husband would share a bathroom, let alone a bath! Can anyone suggest a ryokan that provides a personal bathroom. A communal bathroom with private use will not do - sorry. Have one very picky other half!!

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryokan recommendations

Hi EastmeetsWestAB,

I'm glad you had a good trip. Would you care to share which ryokans you stayed at?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryokan recommendations

Hi sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I stayed in Sanga and also Hainebo

singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryokan recommendations

i too am traveling to kyoto in 3 weeks and would like to stay in one. TOwa quoted me 10,000 yen per person per nite for friday and saturday, i find that too high. can any one suggests alternatives?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ryokan recommendations

Actually, I have to agree with Fifth33 here. If you want to stay in a Ryokan in Kyoto just to get the "touristy" experience, that's fine. But at 6000-7000 yen per PERSON for the cheapest ones, it's really a POOR value. You can get better hotels smack dab in the middle of Tokyo for that price ! I'd say, shop wisely.

15. Re: Ryokan recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, October 05, 2009