We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fukuoka to Kyoto

Australi
1 post
Save Topic
Fukuoka to Kyoto

We are planning a trip to Japan in March and want to go from Fukuoka to Kyoto, perhaps stopping at Hiroshima on the way. We plan to stay in Kyoto for 2 days, see the sights and then return to Fukuoka. Are there any packages/tours available and if so where do we go to get information. Also, what is the best way to travel there, bullet train or air?

Mentioned in this post
Fukuoka
Fukuoka
Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Hiroshima
Hiroshima
Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
Kyoto Night Cruise Bus Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Night Tours
Kyoto Cycling Tour Project
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Self-Guided Tours & Rentals
An Design
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fukuoka to Kyoto

If it is your first visit to Japan you really should travel by shinkansen (bullet train). The trip from Fukuoka to Kyoto will take 2hrs 30mns to 3 hours depending on the train used. A Japan Rail Pass is one of the world's great travel bargins and the Japanese are very envious as only foreigners can buy one. You must purchase before you leave your home country. A pass will allow you unlimited travel on Japan Railways for one to three weeks, depending on the one you buy.

I have been to Japan more than 30 times and I tend to avoid organised tours but when I visited as a guest of a university in Kyoto they organised a one day tour which was really excellent. You can book these through your hotel or via the tourist office. You don't need to book before you get there. Just ask your hotel when you arrive and it will happen.

Standards of service in Japan are head and shoulders above anywhere else. The only downside is that if anything does go wrong they have no idea how to cope as an individual will have no experience of such things.

Hope you have a great time in my favourite country.

Mentioned in this post
Fukuoka
Fukuoka
Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan