We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osaka/Kyoto for 8 days, seek transportation advise & anime...

Roswell
3 posts
Save Topic
Osaka/Kyoto for 8 days, seek transportation advise & anime...

My daughter and I will arrive Kansai airport at evening. Staying in Oaks Shin Hotel in Osaka. Leaving for Kyoto on March 8, spend a night in Oharanosato. Then stay in Holiday inn for 3 nights. This hotel has free shuttle from JR Kyoto station to hotel. Please advise what transportation is convenience and less expensive.

My 14 year old daughter is interested in Japanse animation. Is there any shop or museum we can visit while we are there? Thank you.

AnimeFan

IDE
DC
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osaka/Kyoto for 8 days, seek transportation advise & anime...

Since no one has responded yet, I thought I would. I remember reading about an Anime museum near Osaka. It's in the Rough Guide to Japan, which is what we used for our trip. Kyoto is a very walkable city and the streets are well marked. Be careful at intersections becuase they combine the two street names into one word that is posted on the sign. We purchased a Kansai Thru Pass that was valid for three days. It got us from Osaka to Kyoto and then we used it on the subway within Kyoto. There are a large number of private rail lines in the region that make transportation planning confusing. Check out japan-guide.com and look under transportation. There's a great page with a review of all the different passes that are available. Have fun!

irvine, ca
Level Contributor
77 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Osaka/Kyoto for 8 days, seek transportation advise & anime...

how was the Oaks Shin Hotel? i am going soon and would appreciate your advice.

how was Osaka in general? what do you recommend? did you eat at any interesting places?

hope you had a nice trip

Linda