We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo

Has anyone stayed here or in this area before?

Looking to see whether area is safe & close to amenities.

Thanks

Fiona

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,241 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo

Mitsui Garden Hotel sits in a bit of an outlying area, about 100meters down off of Shijo Street. Compared to other hotels on Karasuma Boulevard or Shijo Street, which is a razzle-dazzle shopping/dining area, it does look sedate.

As in other areas, the location of your hotel is quite safe. Am not sure if you like this, but If you hit Shijo to head toward Gion, you can witness a killer vibe around Shijo Kawaramachi.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo

It's very safe. There really aren't unsafe neighborhoods in Kyoto. The location is ok. Note that there are many grades of room offfered and be sure to choose the type you like. I saw that you are staying at the Villa Fontaine in Roppongi--just wanna let you know there is a brand new VF hotel in Kyoto also in Shijo but slightly to the west. Therefore, it may be a better option if you want to stay at a brand new property and free breakfast.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
346 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo

Don't know anything about the hotel I'm afraid, but that's a great area to stay in Kyoto. Last time I was in Japan I stayed on Kawaramachi-dori, a couple of hundred metres from Mitsui Garden Hotel. It's a lively area, great for eating out and shopping, but also very convenient for exploring the cultural side of Kyoto. As someone else has mentioned, there really is no area of Kyoto that isn't safe and you'll feel very secure in the Shijo area at all hours.

4. Re: Mitsui Garden Hotel Kyoto Shijo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, October 13, 2009