We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ishihara Ryokan

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
1 post
Save Topic
Ishihara Ryokan

I have booked two nights at Ishihara ryokan with bath/toilet. Has anyone been there? Not much on the web, so would like any experiences. Also would like any suggestions for eating nearby. We (my wife and parents are staying) are relaxed but would like a great dinner as well nearby to make the two nights memorable - within reason.

thanks!

Helsinki
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ishihara Ryokan

Hello

We would like to stay over there as well. Have you got their e-mail? Did you enjoy your stay? our trip is in the end of september. Thank you

Matti

stockholm
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Ishihara Ryokan

hi, I we are considering staying at the Ishihara Ryokan in the fall, and wonder how you liked it and if the location was allright? Thanks!

coachdawn
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ishihara Ryokan

I just got back from Japan where we stayed at the Ishihara for two days in Kyoto and loved it. It is an older house, which I believe is typical for a ryokan, but clean like everything else in japan. We stayed in a small but comfortable room with bath and toilet. The service was impecable - Mr. and Mrs. Ishihara were wonderful, the breakfast was over the top and amazing both mornings. The best we had in Japan.

The house has great history. Akira Kurosawa clearly stayed there many times as they have several books about Kurosawa in which pictures of the ryokan and the owners are shown. Plus, we ran into at least two local people in Kyoto who mentioned Kurosawa in connection with the inn.

The japanese garden is cute and features a turtle who has lived in the garden for 40 years!!! On our departure Mr. Ishihara gave us inscence and an inscence holder that he had made himself.

I would recommend Ishihara for anyone, as long as they were expecting to stay in a traditional ryokan and not a western-style hotel. We will always treasure our experience there.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ishihara Ryokan

Do you have an e-mail address for Ishihara Ryokan? Thanks!

ontario
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ishihara Ryokan

would be interested if you have any contact information for this as well. Thanks.

Canberra
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ishihara Ryokan

There are contact details for Ishihara ryokan here: www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+15127+1+jp+86+0.

coachdawn
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ishihara Ryokan

www.yado-web.com/kinki/kyoto/egb10/egb10.html

8. Re: Ishihara Ryokan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 17, 2009