We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!! communication with kyoto hotel

Washington
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Help!!! communication with kyoto hotel

I am staying in a smaller western style hotel (The Hotel Monterey Kyoto)...I thought I had an email address(kyts@hotelmonterey.co.jp) but I cannot get a response. I need walking instructions from the subway station of Karasuma-Oike to the hotel. I know it is very close but I will be arriving relatively late and am a first time visitor> I would also like to request a nonsmoking room etc. but cant get thru. I hesitate to call because of my lack of japanese.......Can anyone in Japan advise ? Thank you,thank you!

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!! communication with kyoto hotel

Hello,

Japan is now in the midst of Obon holidays and that's why you haven't get a reply from the hotel. Anyway, this is how to get to the hotel from Kyoto station.

Take subway to Karasuma-Oike station. Then, go out of exit #6, walk up Karasuma street (north-south main street). After 3 blocks and you'll see the hotel on the left side. It's a very short walk (2-3 min) from the subway station.

And this is fax number of the hotel just in case ...

FAX 075-251-7112

Washington
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!! communication with kyoto hotel

Thank you!! Do you know if email addresss is correct?

Fukuoka, Japan
Level Contributor
880 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!! communication with kyoto hotel

Oh! It seems that you've got a wrong address. So, that's why....

The address on the web is :

kytd@hotelmonterey.co.jp

Washington
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!! communication with kyoto hotel

Thank you again! Ilook forwad to my Kyoto trip so very much! Arigato!

5. Re: Help!!! communication with kyoto hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 07, 2009