We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto City Bus schedule

singapore
Level Contributor
137 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kyoto City Bus schedule

Is there any website that show the city bus schedule?? Like the JR where i can find arrival time and route of train. Is there such a website for kyoto city bus?

Oregon
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kyoto City Bus schedule

Another bonus of staying around Kyoto station, the busses leave from there, so you are almost gauranteed a seat.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Kyoto City Bus schedule

i am seriously torn between taking the subway versus buses in Kyoto.

Am still contemplating if i shd fully utilise the Bus Day-Pass by taking buses all the way?

For example, travelling from Kinkakuji to Shijo Karasuma, i can:

1) can take bus #12, 101 from Kinkakuji-michi to Shijo-Karasuma bus stop OR

2) take bus from Kinkakuji-michi to Kitaoji Bus Terminal, and then transfer to subway back to Shijo.

Anyone know the estimated travelling time difference between 1 and 2 above?

Also, is the frequency of buses in Kyoto really that

terrible? 1 to 2 hours waiing time?

pls advise. thank you

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,999 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kyoto City Bus schedule

Kyoto is the number one tourists destination in Japan and gets incredibly busy at times. Traffic is just awful in busy seasons. I strongly advice to take the subways whenever possible. You can get stuck in a packed bus that stops at every corner and takes more than an hour to get from Kinkakuji to Shijo.

The one-day subway and bus pass costs only 1,200 yen. Don't try to save a few dollars and lose something much more precious--time.

seattle
Level Contributor
676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kyoto City Bus schedule

As stated already, the route map and knowing which bus to catch is most useful. For us, knowing that was all we needed, since the buses came by frequently. The route maps are easy to find (picked up ours at the hotel desk) and the stops are marked. And available on-line in English. It also includes information on fares and passes. Here's the URL if you haven't seen it already:

…kyoto.lg.jp/kotsu/…bus_navi_en200801.pdf

If that doesn't work, go to http://www.city.kyoto.jp/koho/eng/index.html, the English page for Kyoto, and go to this link:

Public transport in Kyoto

I hope this helps...

15. Re: Kyoto City Bus schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 30, 2010