We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

subway fare in Kyoto

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
subway fare in Kyoto

anyone please tell me about the subway fare in Kyoto (such as price of only 1 stop) for me to estimate about the fare of subway and bus if we travel all day. The bus fare in central Kyoto are flat rate = 220 yen, is it correct?. If we travel by bus only one station, we could pay equal 220 yen in the same long way right ?. So should I buy the Kyoto sightseeing pass ? I think it will be in same price for many ride in one day.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,861 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: subway fare in Kyoto

Scroll to the bottom of the page for subway

city.kyoto.jp/koho/eng/access/transport.html

Henderson, NV
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: subway fare in Kyoto

Where are you planning to stay?

There are only two subway systems in Kyoto. If you want to travel between Kyoto Station and say Shijo-dori to do some shopping the City Subway fare is 270 yen.

Kyoto has a very good bus system that will get you to most of the major sites throughout Kyoto.

I just returned from Kyoto, and I do a lot of walking, many miles a day, but did notice that many of buses were filled and people were left waiting for the next bus. This was true on Sundays and the recent national holiday.

3. Re: subway fare in Kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 29, 2009