We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Geisha show in Kyoto

London, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Geisha show in Kyoto

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can see a Giesha dance/show in Kyoto?

Are children allowed?

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Geisha show in Kyoto

digging this thread up as i do need some clarifications as well..

looking at the gion corner website

kyoto-gion-corner.info/gion_corner/top/index…

it appears that the timings are updated as at 2007 only...

does anyone know if the show timings, typically 7pm and 8pm, are still relevant?

and for those who have attended any of the 7 types of shows available at Gion Corner, which one is your favourite?

generally, how long does each show last?

thank you

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Geisha show in Kyoto

Hello,

You may want to e-mail to clarify the show times for the time of year you are visiting... kanko@pref.kyoto.lg.jp

I e-mailed this before i left and got some helpful replies.

When i went to the show in January (7pm show only) it was all of these in 1 show: tea ceremony, koto music, flower arrangement, ancient comic play, kyoto style dance...so they're not all seperate shows. It lasted approx 1hr.

Jody

23. Re: Geisha show in Kyoto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 05, 2010