We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kobe Sake

Which Kobe hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
301 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Kobe Sake

Would like to visit a smaller maybe family run brewery than hakutsuru

been to geigeikan museum, like to learn more about appreciating sake than the process.

Any recommendations and address? Preferably walk able from any stations

Thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
301 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kobe Sake

I went to fukuju brewery by random choice and was pretty well taken care of by an English speaking manager. I see many people came by after visiting hakutsuru (from their shopping bags). Fukuju has most of the stuff available for tasting, a restaurant which is closed as I went after lunch hours. A small bar which served sake in larger quantity with a small fee.

I stopped at Ishiyagawa station (hanshin line) and walk for about 10 min following google map with postal code 658-044. The manager said the art is appreciating one of the mid range sake , less fruity. Personally I preferred the junmai daijingjo - more fruity and fragrant.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kobe Sake

Hi Crescentra,

I cant seem to find fukuju brewery, Ill be in Japan in two weeks for 2.5 week (1 week snowboarding) and I wanted to try and visit a nice sake place.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,776 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kobe Sake

http://www.enjoyfukuju.com/

Singapore
Level Contributor
301 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kobe Sake

I am sure if you google for it, you can find

I missed a 0 in the postal sorry - 658-0044. You can find the company Shu Shin Kan which owns the brand.

There are many in Nada, and it is a shop not really a bar. I think hakutsuru is fine too.

You can look for the manager in the picture below if you go there

…blogspot.sg/2012/11/25-nov-koyasan-to-osaka…

5. Re: Kobe Sake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 13, 2014