We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train or bus schedules

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
honolulu
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Topic
train or bus schedules

Hi! I am starting to finalize my trip and I am wondering if someone can help me with train/bus schedules so I can plan better. I am planning to go:

1) Hiroshima to Izumo

2) Izumo to Yamaguchi shin

3) Yamaguchi shin to Fukuoka

4) Fukuoka to Kyoto

Thank you!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,495 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train or bus schedules

www.hyperdia.com

honolulu
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train or bus schedules

Thank you but I was wondering if there were tables that show all the different times so I could pick what would work better for us. Is there such a thing?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train or bus schedules

After you do your search on www.hyperdia.com, hit the link for "interval timetable" to get a schedule for that particular route. But if you have to make transfers, this can be a tedious research process. It might be easier to just use the schedule results that come up from hyperdia when you enter various departure times.

honolulu
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: train or bus schedules

ok. thanks. But isn't there an earlier option out of Hiroshima to Izumo. Is there a bus? I really would like to get there early.

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train or bus schedules

current JR Chugoku Highway Bus timetable from Hiroshima Station shinkansen exit to IzumoShi station

7:45 9:00 10:45 12:25 14:25 15:25 16:40 17:28 18:55

It takes between 3hrs10 - 3hrs 22mins.

so the earliest you'll get to Izumo City is 10.55am. The 10.45am bus continues all the way to Izumo Taisha

www.chugoku-jrbus.co.jp/highway/mikoto.html

Edited: 9:40 pm, June 24, 2013
6. Re: train or bus schedules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 26, 2014