We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

Hello,

I'll be in Hiroshima for a day trip, and I heard Hiroshima is known for okonomiyaki (which is different than Osaka-style okonomiyaki). Can you recommend any places that make good okonomiyaki? In addition, can you recommend any other good foods to try in Hiroshima?

Your advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

Hiroshima is on the inland sea so known for it's great seafood - particularly oysters. It's lively city & there are lots of great places to eat.

rds.gnavi.co.jp/lang/en/…

If it's okonomiyaki you are after - then most visitors go to Okonomiyaki Mura - It's the kind of food you need to be very hungry (or drunk) to enjoy.

www.okonomimura.jp/foreign/english.html

Tokyo has monjayaki - you need not be as hungry or drunk to eat that but it doesn't rate highly on 'my eats' list either.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,381 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

Monja is not really something you eat.

It's something you fiddle with your new girlfriend.

Japan
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

My favorite Hiroshima food is okonomiyaki, and the okonomiyaki mura is a good place to try it.

www.okonomimura.jp/foreign/english.html

There are also a number of other restaurants that serve okonomiyaki, each known for its own particular style.

Enjoy!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,559 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

okonomi mura, okonomiyaki republic: 2 side-by-side buildings full of okonomiyaki stalls.

5. Re: Lunch/Food Recommendation in Hiroshima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 11, 2013