We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

Hi. Destination experts. Can a Jr pass be use for traveling from Kyoto to Hiroshima.? And when I get to Hiroshima , how can I reached Hiroshima Peace museum ?

Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

Yes you can use your JR Pass from Kyoto to Hiroshima. You will likely have to transfer in Shin Osaka.

You can take the tram from the Hiroshima station to the Peace Park. It is easy to find; the directions are clear; it is inexpensive; and, it's fun.

Edited: 6:53 pm, October 11, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

Or you can walk from the Railway Station to the Peace park in about 20 mins

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

Thanks philnicau and kootenays ! Is the shrine Near the miyajima pier ok, the one with roaming deers ?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

The train station is fairly close to the peace park but if its your first time in Hiroshima I would take either a tram or taxi to the Peace Park rather than walk

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

An option is to go to the Peace Park first (allow 1-2 hours) then catch the tram from there to Miyajimaguchi (ferry terminal) then the ferry to Miyajima, if you want to see the floating torii check the tide times first.

here's a link for the tide predictor

http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/tideshow.cgi?site=Itukusima%2C+Hirosima%2C+Japan

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

Yes, it will be my first time to Hiroshima. Will follow your suggestions of doing the Peace Park first and check the tides before visiting the Torii. How much is the tram ride.? Is the way from the train to the park not a straight path? Is there a possibility of getting lost? Is there no sight to see in the walking path?. Thanks to you both for the tips

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

If it's your first time to Hiroshima them either a Taxi or the Tram are recommended, (i personally follow the tram tracks, but i've been there before), it's not a straight route there are a couple of bends getting out of the station area.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

9. Re: Can Jr Pass get me from Kyoto to Hiroshima ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, October 26, 2012