We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka / Hiroshima Sanfreece

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka / Hiroshima Sanfreece

Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka

Hi Everyone

We are an Australian family with 3 girls aged 19, 16 & 10. We are spending 24 days in Japan in January at Hakuba (6N), Shibu Onsen (1N), Tokyo (8N), Hakone (1N), Kyoto (4N), Koyasan (1N) & Osaka (3N).

On Saturday 22nd January we intend to have a day trip to Hiroshima. Is our proposed draft itinerary below too rushed or do you suggest alternatives.

10am Arrive in Hiroshima & proceed to Miyajima.

11am – 12:30 Miyajima (I understand high tide is 11:32am). See Itsukushima Shrine, floating tori & main shopping street,

1:30 - 5:00–Peace park area

5:30 – 6:45 Dinner at Okonomi-mura

7:15 – Depart Horoshima

Hiroshima Sanfreece -

My 10year old daughter is a passionate footballer and collects team jerseys on her holidays. I know the season will be over Her favourite J league team is Hiroshima Sanfreece. In our travels will we get a chance to buy a jersey? Where do you suggest the best place to buy a child's jersey?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hiroshima
Hiroshima
Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Hakuba
Hakuba
243 Reviews
Hakuba-mura, Japan
Shibu Onsen
Shibu Onsen
211 Reviews
Yamanouchi-machi, Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Hakone Hotel
Hakone Hotel
309 Reviews
Hakone-machi, Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Miyajima
Miyajima
4,134 Reviews
Hatsukaichi, Japan
Itsukushima Shrine
Itsukushima Shrine
3,006 Reviews
Hatsukaichi, Japan
Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka / Hiroshima Sanfreece

I do the same day trip from Kobe often and you will have enough time for both places. I would add some time to Miyajima and take some time from the Peace Park plan. At least a couple hours on Miyajima will be OK.

Mentioned in this post
Kobe
Kobe
Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
Miyajima
Miyajima
4,134 Reviews
Hatsukaichi, Japan
Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka / Hiroshima Sanfreece

Thanks KobeKeith

What else would you suggest to do on Miyajima if I had more time? How much time do you need to go to Mt Misen on a January Saturday?

I would be disappointed to have insufficient time at Peace Park as I think this is important for my daughters.

KB19

Mentioned in this post
Miyajima
Miyajima
4,134 Reviews
Hatsukaichi, Japan
Hiroshima, Japan
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka / Hiroshima Sanfreece

The official Sanfrecce shop is called V-Point and is on the 4th floor of the Deodeo Neverland toy shop.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=%E5%BA%83%E5%B3%B6%E5%B8%82%E4%B8%AD%E5%8C%BA%E5%A4%A7%E6%89%8B%E7%94%BA2-3-3%E3%80%80%E5%A4%A7%E6%89%8B%E7%94%BA%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A4%E3%83%93%E3%83%AB&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.252269,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=%E5%A4%A7%E6%89%8B%E7%94%BA%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%9F%E3%83%A4%E3%83%93%E3%83%AB&hnear=Japan,+Hiroshima-ken+Hiroshima-shi+Naka-ku%E5%A4%A7%E6%89%8B%E7%94%BA%EF%BC%92%E4%B8%81%E7%9B%AE%EF%BC%93%E2%88%92%EF%BC%93&ll=34.39464,132.455506&spn=0.008198,0.01929&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Wow big link! But if you copy and paste it should show up - let me know if not.

Shop site is here

http://www.sanfrecce.co.jp/goods/vpoint.html

Edited: 1:13 am, November 23, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Hiroshima
Hiroshima
Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka / Hiroshima Sanfreece

Thanks GetHiroshima

The Sanfreece shop looks to be easily accessed after visiting the Peace Park area. Hopefully the shop remains open after the end of their season – maybe even their merchandise might be on sale!

Also I am sure my daughter will also be keen to get a souvenir of the 2 club mascots – Sancce & Frecce which are shown on the English version of the club’s website.

Thanks again

Kyoto, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kobe, Kyoto
Level Contributor
5,330 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka / Hiroshima Sanfreece

Hey KB19,

Just walking around on the other streets beyond the main street can be nice. It's peaceful and quiet once you go beyond Itsukushima Shrine. I was just suggesting that you stroll around the island as opposed to rushing and checking your watch during a 90 minute stop-over. It's billed as one of the 3 most beautiful places in all of Japan.

Senjokaku/ Toyokuni Shrine next to the 5-story pagoda above Itsukushima Shrine is nice and has pretty views from there. The ceiling and construction is interesting. It's not out of the way.

There are a couple more temples but maybe too boring for the kids even though they are of historic interest.

Maybe try some fresh "momiji manjyu" bean cakes fresh off the presses. They are warm and tasty. A couple of the small places have benches in front and you can eat them with hot tea. If you want ones with pieces of beans inside then ask for the "tsubuan" type or if you want the sweet bean paste without the chunks then ask for "koshian." I like both but prefer the "koshian" when eating "momiji manjyu."

To shave some time from your schedule, maybe just eat snacks from the walk away windows instead of a sit down lunch and then eat a big dinner that evening when you try the okonomiyaki.

Mentioned in this post
Itsukushima Shrine
Itsukushima Shrine
3,006 Reviews
Hatsukaichi, Japan
Senjokaku
Senjokaku
395 Reviews
Hatsukaichi, Japan
6. Re: Day Trip to Hiroshima from Osaka / Hiroshima Sanfreece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 23, 2011