We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

We will be in possession of a JR Pass. So we have in mind to travel from ShinOsaka by Shinkansen to Hiroshima and transfer to the JR Sanyo Line to Miyajima.

After sightseeing a bit in Miyajima, we will go back to Hiroshima to visit the Peace Memorial Park. If we take the Sanyo Line on the return trip, do we get off at Nishi-Hiroshima or Yokogawa Station? Which one is closer to the Park and how long is the walk?

Another idea is get off at Yokogawa, walk to Hiroshima Casle, then to Peace Memorial Park. Is this doable? We do not plan to spend too much time at Hiroshima Casle, just to take a look at the exterior. Is it worth the detour and how long would this walk be?

Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

Yokokawa is the way to go. I suggest you take the tram (Hiroden) rather than walk. Its fun and saves wear and tear on your sneakers. Hiroden should take you right to the A-bomb park and castle area.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

Walking is fine but it will consume a bunch of time. I agree with Yamanote that you should use the tram to get around the major sites in Hiroshima. It's frequent and very convenient in addition to being reasonably priced.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

I checked the tram map and #7 goes from Yokogawa to the A-Bomb Dome, and #2 take us back to Hiroshima Station. This is a good option if we want to conserve time and energy.

However, if the weather is nice, and we are up to it, we would like to take a stroll from Yokogawa south, along the west bank of the Ota River before crossing over to the Peace Park. How long will this walk be and do we get a good view of the Ota River, Hiroshima Castle, the A-Bomb Dome along the river bank?

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

1.8km, 22 minutes: http://tinyurl.com/26rpb6k

You can drag the purple route to alter the path and it will update the time and distance according.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

This is fantastic, thanks Route246!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

Hi,

I will be doing the same ( need to go from hiroshima station to the A Bomb and Peace memorial Park.)

I am wondering where can I get the tram information and does that covered by JR pass?

Thanks alot in advance!! =)

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

Tram is not covered by the JR Pass. The signs are clearly marked once you get there.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

Tram from JR to Peace Park is 150yen each way (adult)/ 80yen (child)

9. Re: Walk to Peace Memorial Park from JR Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:50 am, June 03, 2011