We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the off peak time for Shinkansen to Osaka

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dresden, Germany
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
What is the off peak time for Shinkansen to Osaka

I will be travelling with 2 kids.. one is below 6 while the other is below 12... i am looking at getting the unreserved tickets.. ( budget constraint.. hehehehe ) .. and would like to know what is the best time where the train is least pack that i am sure of a place for my kids.. me without a seat is ok... i have stood for the journey between Hiroshima and Osaka during my last trip without the kids...

Also would be great if there is a typical cabin where its not so crowded.. smoking cabin is out for me btw...

I am planning on a Tuesday 8th Dec to take the train...

let me know...

Nashville, TN
Destination Expert
for Himeji, Kobe, Osaka
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the off peak time for Shinkansen to Osaka

I don't know that you'll experience a major crowd at any particular time of day. In general the evening will be a bit more crowded so I would try to leave in the mid afternoon.

Where are you going in Osaka? Are you planning a stop in Himeji? If your kids at all like castles and such things it's a pretty cool place. There's also a small zoo next to the castle.

John W.

Dresden, Germany
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the off peak time for Shinkansen to Osaka

i will be leaving for Osaka to spend a night there just before our flight in the morning back home...

Osaka i have been many a times.. and actually in the inbound flight from home , i have already planned 4 days... before flying off to Hokkaido then back to Hiroshima to spend 2 nights there...

ok thanks for the reply.. i think we will try to target the train at 2 pm.. as we will be heading to Miyajima in the morning before leaving for Osaka....

3. Re: What is the off peak time for Shinkansen to Osaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, March 19, 2010