We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiroshima trams

Which Hiroshima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
619 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hiroshima trams

A quick queastion regarding transportation in Hiroshima. It appears that the tram system is the easiest way to get around most of the major sights and between Hiroshima and the JR station, and I am wondering whether there is a day pass for this system that can be purchased, or whether I will have to buy a ticket each time I take a tram? I am staying at the Hotel Sunroute, arriving by Shinkansen, and I will be taking a day trip to Miyajima the following day

Hiroshima, Japan
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiroshima trams

Hi

You can buy three passes that are valid on city trams and the ferry over to Miyajima.

1 Day Tram Pass ¥600

Valid on all city trams

1 Day Tram and Ferry Pass ¥840

Valid on trams and the Matsudai Ferry from Miyajima-guchi to Miyajima (note it is not valid on the JR ferry but this is not an issue in terms of number or frequency of ferries)

2 Day "Miyajima Free Pass" ¥2000

Valid on trams and the Matsudai Ferry from Miyajima-guchi to Miyajima and the Miyajima ropeway。

The ropeway is ¥1000 each way or ¥1800 on its own.

Tram rides within the city center are ¥150 each except the line between Hacchobori and Hakushima which you can take to Shukkeien Garden which is ¥100.

The tram ride from the city center to Miyajima-guchi is ¥270 each way.

Children pay half price for all passes

Passes can be bought at the tram ticket office in front of Hiroshima JR Station and at major hotels, but NOT on the trams themselves.

I hope this helps and you have a great time.

Paul

http://www.gethiroshima.com

SF
Destination Expert
for Fukuoka, Kyushu-Okinawa
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiroshima trams

You may want to check these out before you go.

http://www.japan-guide.com/a/video.html?3

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3404.html

fc
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiroshima trams

If you have the JR pass, it will cover the train ride from Hiroshima Station to Miyajima-guchi Station and then the ferry ride to Miyajima. We basically travelled to/from Miyajima for free.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiroshima trams

Thanks for the responses. The Miyajima free pass looks like the way to go, as I will probably use the ropeway whilst in Miyajima, so having two days worth of trams for an extra Y200 sounds good value. I will have an active JR pass, so I will probably use that to get to/from Miyajima. Unless it would be easier and/or quicker to get the tram out there? As mentioned, I'll be staying at the Sunroute.

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiroshima trams

hello,

is the 2-day pass available only in the JR Hiroshima station? or is it available in JR Miyajimaguchi station as well?

Thanks.

Hiroshima, Japan
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hiroshima trams

You can pick up the pass at the Miyajima-guchi tram terminal.

Hiroshima, Japan
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hiroshima trams

>animelenie

I should clarify, that's the Hiroden tram terminal not Miyajima-guchi JR station. The tram terminal is just before the ferry terminal a few minutes walk from the JR station.

Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hiroshima trams

sorry i forgot to ask their operating hours....

I'm reaching Miyajimaguchi at around 5 pm in the afternoon. Is the office still open by that time?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hiroshima trams

As a reference for other travellers wondering about the Hiroshima Street Car (trams) network map, take a look at the official site here:

hiroden.co.jp/train/rosenzu/streetcar_map.htm

The only information on that site in English currently is in the PDFs. It includes the different day passes as previously mentioned, where to buy them and how to use them.

Well worth taking with you on your visit.

10. Re: Hiroshima trams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 01, 2010