We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

Israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

Hello, We plan to arrive to Hiroshima on October 3rd but it will be rather late, around 8PM and look for the ferry schedule to go to Miyajima were we booked a hotel. But I cannot find the timetable on the web no matter how hard I tried. can anyone help. Thanks

Shmuel

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

The ferry that departs Hiroshima Peace Park to Miyajima does not go that late it is a touristy ferry. What you will need to do is catch a train from Hiroshima to Miyajima Guchi station then across the road is the jr line ferry that goes to Miyajima Island.

The train timetables are on

www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

the ferry seems to come every 10 mins or so.

just went there last week it was devine!!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,466 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

8:25, 9:25, 10:25, 11:25, 12:35, 14:25, 15:25, 16:25

www.setonaikaikisen.co.jp/jikoku/kousoku.htm

Israel
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

Thank you very much.

The attached link brought up a table with Japaneese titles. I guess these are departures from Miajimauchi, right?

Shmuel

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,466 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

No...schedule is for Hiroshima harbour departure

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

Here's a ferry time-table for Miyajima-guchi/Miyajima.

http://www12.ocn.ne.jp/~matsudai/eng.htm

From the Wikitravel page (http://wikitravel.org/en/Miyajima) on Miyajima:

Miyajima is an island, so you have to take a ferry to get there. The main ferry terminal on the mainland is Miyajimaguchi (宮島口), which you can reach from JR Hiroshima station either by JR train (¥400, 25 minutes, or ¥570 for a combination ticket with the ferry) or by tram line #2 (¥270, 70 minutes from Hiroshima JR Station). The tram line also passes by the Peace Memorial Park and may thus be more convenient for visitors also touring Hiroshima.

From Miyajimaguchi, JR and Matsudai ferries to Miyajima run up to 10 times an hour. The trip takes 10 minutes and costs ¥170 each way; Japan Rail Pass holders can use the JR ferry for free.

Ferries return to the mainland until midnight, so it is possible stay until after most of the tour groups leave in the evening before returning on a later ferry.

There are also direct connections from Hiroshima Port to Miyajima, running once an hour or so and taking only 23 minutes, but these charge a steep ¥1640 for the privilege.

Castel Gandolfo...
Level Contributor
2 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

I got a Japan Rail Pass and I would like to get the ferry from Hiroshima to Miyajima. Do you think that it is good enough for the trip or I must get the ferry from Miyajimaguchi. I will be there Oct 01

7. Re: ferry schedule between Hiroshima and Miyajima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 07, 2009