We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ice Fishing around Sapporo/Chitose

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ice Fishing around Sapporo/Chitose

Hi all, we are planning for our trip in March and would like to do ice fishing (and if possible, snow mobiling as well) during one of the days. Through google searches, I found Hokkaido Experience and from there, the operator Hokkaido Treasure Island. I have emailed them.

1) Does anyone know of any other operators or websites?

2) Is there any place we could possibly do both ice fishing and snow mobiling on the same day?

Thank you!

Level Contributor
1,667 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ice Fishing around Sapporo/Chitose

Sapporo is a large city so you have to travel for an hour out of the city to reach the lake where they do ice fishing. http://www.snowmobilelandsapporo.com/website/

Other, more rural areas of Hokkaido are famous for their ice fishing and snow mobiling.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ice Fishing around Sapporo/Chitose

Hokkaido Treasure Island Travel inc. offers both snow-mobiling and ice-fishing tours. Snow-mobiling tour is available till the end of March but ice-fishing tour is only available till March 10.

h-takarajima.com/detail/index/692?ml_lang=en (snow-mobiling)

h-takarajima.com/detail/index/2930?ml_lang=en (ice-fishing)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,711 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ice Fishing around Sapporo/Chitose

1 hour bus transfer included from Sapporo (Lake Shinotsu) - only Jan and Feb

www.veltra.com/jp/japan/hokkaido/a/20309

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ice Fishing around Sapporo/Chitose

Elly M, thank you. I definitely understand that ice fishing would be somewhere further out from Sapporo itself.

William, thanks. Thats what I found.

bibimbop, thank you but my trip is going to be in march.

5. Re: Ice Fishing around Sapporo/Chitose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 24, 2014