We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary in Sapporo as base for 4 days.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help with itinerary in Sapporo as base for 4 days.

I am going to hokkaido in less than 10days and havent really completed my itinerary !! :(

Due to the late bookings, as expected,, many hotels have been fully booked ..

as such I wil be based in Sapporo for my days there , Booked Century Royal. A hotel very near to the JR station , if it helps at all.

I need help on what places I can possibly cover. Which would all be day trips and I would appreciate if you could help me make the best out of my trip with my mum and brother..

This is my rough currently Empty plan that i need your help to fill with suggestions! :D

DAY1 (17th july) Arrive in CTS at 11.55am

( planning to cover Sapporo city for today since im not left with much time after travelling to hotel/check in etc? )

Things to cover (probably need more suggestions if there is ) : susukino, crab dinner, clock tower, beer factory? ramen alley

day 2 (18th july ) : DAY TRIP TO FURANO/ BIEI

Any suggestions on which Ticket i could get etc take the norokko special service train? take the twinkle bus ? or ?? any side trips like lakes or ropeway tt i can see as well ? dont mind returning late to sapporo , is it possible to do see the blue pond too ??

day3 (19th July ) : ONSEN / OTARU

morning depart to onsen near otaru. then wlk abt town for few hours and anything else possible to see along the way or as aside trip . ??

day 4( 20th july ) :

Currently no plans! last day in Sapporo, anything really worth going for a day trip ? Dont mind trips 1-2hrs away ..

thank you so much in advance ! ( :

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,996 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary in Sapporo as base for 4 days.

This Hokkaido guide should help you quite a bit. Your basic time split looks fine.

http://www.japan-guide.com/list/e1101.html

Sapporo: Nakajima Park, just one stop south of Susukino, is more interesting to walk than Odori. The clock tower is a worthless sight. Akarenga (old government building) with its red bricks is very picturesque. The Curb Market is ok. While not on par with Tsukiji in Tokyo by any means, it's much better than Nijo Market.

For your last day, you can try Noboribetsu or Lake Toya.

2. Re: Help with itinerary in Sapporo as base for 4 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 10, 2014