We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Topic
2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

Hi tripadvisors, i'm stopping by Sapporo with my girlfriend from 23-25 june 2013 and will be trying traditional stay at Nakamuraya Ryokan. would anyone be kind enough to recommend an express guide, must go, must see, must eat, must shop, must buy and lastly must do; and i would appreciate any other personal advise. Blessings!

hawthorne, new...
Level Contributor
161 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

number 1 is sapporo bier garten for sure.odori park, find out if there are any events going on.must have ramen.see suskino at night .go to otaru for glass and music box stores and their other sights.walk around a lot

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

Like jostkc, I'll be in Sapporo 2 days, in July. Is it worth to take a city tour or just walk around? Most of the tours I found online are 6-8 hours long but TV tower, Odori Park and Bier Garten can be done on foot anyway.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,794 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

I don't think a tour is necessary. Central Sapporo is entirely walkable. Just beyond the area between Sapporo station and Susukino, you can get to most things easily via subway.

Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

Shiroi koibito chocolate park

30Min train ride to Otaru (amazing ride near coastal)

Walk around Otaru canal and visit the glass and music box shops

Eat Soup curry (only available in Hokkaido) ~ try Lavi soup curry at Esta

Try crab buffet, Nanda.

Fresh seafood at Curb market

Visit outlet mall (Rera or Mitsui)

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

Dear All, i truly appreciate your kind advice! will be flying off tomorrow for the gateaway, meanwhile much blessings from me and my girlfriend! Cheers:)

Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

What a good planning! To get away from the haze at least! Have an enjoyable trip!

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

I've just returned from the trip and would like share my itinerary..

Day 00:

Transited in Osaka, Kansai International Airport. Took the shuttle service bus (100 yen each way) to Rinku Premium Outlet to shop which is about 15mins away from the airport (easily you can spend there for at least 3hours?) and dont bother about Rera Outlet Mall (read on later)

Day 01:

12pm - Checked in at Nakamuraya Ryokan (very homely, cleaned, public onsens and nice room concept) will definitely recommend to people, just that location can but abit confusing if your bearings arent right from the start from Sapporo Station and around Government House.

1pm- Lunch at Stella Place 6F, pretty overrated dinning outlets.

2pm- Trained up to Otaru, spent approximately close to half a day there. Skip the muesuem and aquarium route (wasted our time) but still managed to enjoy the other parts of Otaru. We walked alot.Had pre dinner sushis before we head back to Sapporo

7pm- Back to Sapporo, dinner at one of the basement outlets of the subway

9pm- Public Onsens(its 24hrs) at the Ryokan.

Day 02:

8am- complimentary traditional breakfast at the ryokan

9.30am- walked to Oodri Park (sight seeing and some push charts style stalls)

11am- visited the TV tower

12pm- walked to Nijo Fish market for lunch, ended up at a corner restaurant it a half seafood and half sushi shop. had a full 1.2kg crab (3000yen after discount) and you provide some hard to eat parts to cook crab miso= fresh and sweet and its free;) and some Otoro Sushi at the shop. dope!

2pm- walked back towards Sapporo Station, if you have a chance most japanese walked via the subway underpass than on the main street! so join than below the ground.

5pm- caught the shuttle bus service from Sapporo Station (chuo bus 188 to Sapporo Beer Garden, 200 yen each way) about 10 mins ride.

6pm- lamb grills and beer for dinner

7.30pm- there's a mall next to the beer garden, i recommend you to visit the super market you can get cheaper fruits especially, alternative rock melons at (700-900 yen s) than the supposedly authentics (~4000 yen)

9pm- shuttle bus back to Sapporo Station and walked all the way to Susukino for supper.

10pm- checked out crowded Ramens stall to try

12am- back to public onsens at ryokan

Day 03:

8am- complimentary traditional breakfast at the ryokan

9am- final onsens

10am- checked out, stored baggage with front office

10.30am- walked around for final shopping.

11am- lunch at Esta, Lavi Soup Curry. Very unique! and some sushis at the jap restaurant on the same floor.

12.30pm- collected baggage and headed towards airport.

1.30pm- pit stop at Rera Outlet Mall, its like a sleeping town. only Coach outlet and maybe a very handful more that 5 fingers shop will antice travellers. else, total disappointment compared to Rinku.

2.30pm- at the airport, checked in. i rather you spend the extra time you have the departure level, connecting between domestic and international terminal to do any last mins shopping of gifts and seafood. yes seafood and i assure you'll be spoilt for choice!

alright folks, thats more or less sumed up my trip. good companion is alsoo important, which i had my girlfriend with me. Good luck! :)

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

Blessings in disguise to have gotten out of the haze and hail storm situation back at home. Once again, thank you everyone for your kind contribution! :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

Glad you enjoyed the trip. A pity you chose Rera over Mitsui. We definitely prefered the latter as there are more international brands there (Feragamo, MK, Furla, Burberry, Etc), Rera has more local brands. I bought a candy bag from Furla at a steal half the price of what you can get back home.

Happy to hear u liked lavi soup curry too. I went there each time i visited hokkaido.

Singapore
Level Contributor
846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2.5 Days in Sapporo Itinerary

hmmm saw alot of ppl intro Mitsui over Rera ... i am not into branded stuff but since both outlets i dun mind to find if i can find some cheap stuff , of maybe unique to hokkaido ... so which one should i go ?