We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JR SAPPORO - North or South of Station ?

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
138 posts
475 reviews
Save Topic
JR SAPPORO - North or South of Station ?

Hi, I am looking at booking accommodation in Sapporo and I need to be close to the JR Sapporo station to catch an early morning train. Can anyone advise which is a better area to stay? North or South of the JR Sapporo station ?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tohoku, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JR SAPPORO - North or South of Station ?

The south side is more convenient as it is closer to town with more choices of shopping and dinning.

Singapore
Level Contributor
138 posts
475 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JR SAPPORO - North or South of Station ?

Thank you for your quick response! Very helpful!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,185 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JR SAPPORO - North or South of Station ?

South side is much more interesting. The stretch from Sapporo to Odori onto Susukinio is the heart of Sapporo for visitors with lots of hotels, shops and restaurants.

Tenafly, New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JR SAPPORO - North or South of Station ?

i've always stayed at the route inn which is on the north side of the station.it is very convenient,very reasonable,good breakfast,onsen in basement,etc.there are others,of course,but for an early train,which i have had to catch,this location could not be any closer.yes, the rooms are small, but who spends any time in a hotel?

Singapore
Level Contributor
138 posts
475 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JR SAPPORO - North or South of Station ?

Thanks so much! This is all very helpful !

6. Re: JR SAPPORO - North or South of Station ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 14, 2014