We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to drive from Sapporo - Furano - Bei - Sapporo?

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
How long to drive from Sapporo - Furano - Bei - Sapporo?

Is it too unrelaistic if i set off from sapporo to frive to furano and biei back to sapporo in 2 half days?

Is it possible to make it a day trip for the drive from furano to biei?

Sapporo, Japan
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to drive from Sapporo - Furano - Bei - Sapporo?

2 and half days is fine for the round trip Sapporo-Biei and back, not rushed at all. And a day day trip from Furano to Biei is easily done as they are not far from each other.

However, I noticed from your other posts that you are planning on coming in May?

Please bear in mind that none of the flowers that make Furano and Biei famous are out in May, its still too early. You might want to consider visiting some other places as there isn't too much to see in Furano and Biei so early in the season.

Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to drive from Sapporo - Furano - Bei - Sapporo?

wow, that info was great help,

i was really considering furano thinking that there would be nice flowers.

how about further south towards hakkodate?

would it be a more scenic drive?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,086 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to drive from Sapporo - Furano - Bei - Sapporo?

Assuming "2 half days" mean 2.5 days, then yes, you have enough time. From Sapporo to Furano, the drive is around 2.5 hours. Spend a day to 1.5 days sightseeing, and you can then go back to Sapporo.

Flowers might be a bit limited, but Biei's Patchwork and Panorama roads should be nice since those are farm roads with great views of rolling hills.

I had posted the flower calendar links in my reply to your other post.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298143-i5078-k270…

Singapore
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to drive from Sapporo - Furano - Bei - Sapporo?

Thanks for the info too as I will be travelling from Sapporo to Furano & Bei.

Cheers!

Anthony.

5. Re: How long to drive from Sapporo - Furano - Bei - Sapporo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, October 16, 2009