We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Biei

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Biei

Hi

I am intending to go to biei for a half day tour. What are the specific places that i should go in biei? Any recommendations? Thanks!!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,996 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Biei

Patchwork and Panorama Roads are the two main points of attraction at Biei. The focus are farmlands, rolling hills and trees.

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Biei

hi hi

Patchwork and Panaroma road are just 2 roads. How do i get there? is it veri near to the JR BIEI station?

How best to explore Biei?

Hope u couldhelp me.. thanks

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,996 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Biei

If you rent a car, exploring the two roads are very easy as they are both with 5 minutes of the Biei station. Local bus tours are available but usually only during the flower season from June to August. You can also hire bicycles from the Biei station but some of the roads have steep hills that makes bike riding difficult so you need to be physically fit. Renting a taxi is the most convenient option outside of driving but it will cost a lot of money. See the following link for Furano and Biei transporation:

www.furanotourism.com/english/getting.htm

You may also join daily bus tours that depart from Sapporo. JTB runs a tour through the end of August:

http://www.jtbgmt.com/sunrisetour/agent/

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Biei

Hi Hi

Thks for the reply. i will be going Biei in August and will be going from Furano.. so i think the jTB tours from sapporo are out for me. Will also not be driving. I had thought of renting a bike but from your description, seems pretty tough :) f

or the local bus tours, do you know of any bus tours to biei that departs from Furano or Biei JR station that I can sign up for?

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Biei

HI there

Don't over over worry at this stage!

When you get to FUrano the nice people at the station tourist office will have lots of maps and leaflets and advice....and i've heard the people at Biei Station are friendly too.

The JR FUrano Beie Furi Kipu ticket f rom sapporo gives you 4 days in the area, and you can use all local trains and the sightseeing buses...but in Sept and until Oct 8 the buses are only Saturdays and Sundays.

Maybe the best idea is to go to Biei Station and take a local taxi for a few hours...the driver will take you around...I have no idea of prices, but the Toursit Office staff can help.

Don't worry...you can't overplan at this stage...just go and let local people take care of you! ;-)

amanda

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in Biei

Just realized you are there in August.

BUses every day.

No problem. Just use the Twinkle buses that are avaialble to you with the JR Hokkaido ticket.....they have four different courses which take you too all the main beautiful places in Furano and Bieie....it's all one big area.

You'll get all the info when you arrive at Chitose Airport and go to the JR counter.

amanda

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in Biei

and check this site, it has a map!

www.eolas.co.jp/hokkaido/sikibiei/en

Asia
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in Biei

Amanda,

Thanks for your reply! i will be going on my trip tonight! Hope everything goes smoothly! :)

9. Re: Things to do in Biei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 06, 2009