We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 month stay in Sapporo

Niigata
1 post
Save Topic
2 month stay in Sapporo

Hi,

I'll be studying Japanese for 2 months in Sapporo. The school is next to the Nishi 18 Chome subway station. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had any advice on where to stay long term. I'm thinking of staying at weekly sapporo (http://weeklysapporo.com/weeklysapporo.html). Any other ideas on relatively inexpensive long stay hotels?

thanks!

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 month stay in Sapporo

Have you thought about a homestay?

If you look at Kokusai Plaza's website

www.plaza-sapporo.or.jp/english/index_e.html

They have homestay info for foreign students...Kokusai Plaza is a great connector for people living here and they'll hook you up with a family - then you can get to use your Nihongo every day with your hosts!

The other idea if you are coming in summer is to stay at someone's place while they are out of country during the long summer holidays - university and school teachers - foreign staff often go back to home countries...and need someone for watering plants and feeding fish...

There is a mailing list called Hokkaido Insider, run by a local teacher called Ken Hartman...if you contact him he might post that kind of request on his list for you -

Amanda

Sapporo, Japan
Level Contributor
688 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 month stay in Sapporo

I think there's a youth hostel out by that subway station.

3. Re: 2 month stay in Sapporo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 02, 2009