We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SSAW Hotel Hangzhou Hubin to Hangzhou East Railway Station

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
SSAW Hotel Hangzhou Hubin to Hangzhou East Railway Station

Hi to all DE

I am currently staying in SSAW Hotel Hangzhou Hubin. I will be travelling to Beijing on high speed train this Saturday, 12th Oct. Train will be departing from Hangzhou East Railway Station at 8.30am.

I have the following questions :

1. How early do I need to be at the station?

2. If I take taxi from my hotel, how long does it take to travel from hotel to the station?

Thank you in advance for your replies

Mentioned in this post
Hangzhou
Hangzhou
Zhejiang, China
Hangzhou, Zhejiang...
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SSAW Hotel Hangzhou Hubin to Hangzhou East Railway Station

1. Usually, you should arrive 30 minutes before your departure time. But I heard that the East Railway Station is very big. Then I think you'd better arrive earlier.

2. Taking taxi(8.6 km), it depends on the traffic situation. Because of the national holiday, we will work on this Saturday. And your time will be rush hour in the morning. Or you can take taxi. You can find Longxiangqiao Station near your hotel and take subway, after 6 stations, you will arrive at Hangzhou East Railway Station.But a second thought, you might find lots of people on the metro,too.

Mentioned in this post
The East Hotel Hangzhou
The East Hotel Hangzhou
345 Reviews
Hangzhou, China
Hangzhou
Hangzhou
Zhejiang, China
Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SSAW Hotel Hangzhou Hubin to Hangzhou East Railway Station

Hi Cristina

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Will leave earlier to ensure we will not miss the train.

Chico, California
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SSAW Hotel Hangzhou Hubin to Hangzhou East Railway Station

Did you like the hotel? Was it convenient to take subway to train station?

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SSAW Hotel Hangzhou Hubin to Hangzhou East Railway Station

Hi Susan

Hotel was OK, not 5-star but it's good value for what we paid for. It's also convenient to take public transport - ie bus as there are bus stops just outside the hotel. However to take subway, the nearest station (Longxiangqiao or Dingan Road) is about 1km away.

We had trouble getting taxi from the hotel to the railway station. When we asked the hotel to book for us, was told that they only book taxi to the airport, NOT to railway station. So if you have a train to catch, make sure you allocate more time for travelling

5. Re: SSAW Hotel Hangzhou Hubin to Hangzhou East Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 02, 2014