We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DON'T do Hangzhou night canal cruise

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
DON'T do Hangzhou night canal cruise

We were very disappointed to have gone on this cruise. We met a architectural student from china, and she too felt embarrassed to have paid for the cruise.

We wasted not only our money but our time!

the only plus point maybe: you travel the same canal as the emperor who ordered the building of this canal so that he can cruise down all the way from Beijing to Hangzhou.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DON'T do Hangzhou night canal cruise

You do not explain why it is a waste of time and money!!

Just stating that is is a waste is basically non information.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
68 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DON'T do Hangzhou night canal cruise

If you intend to do any cruise in either Shanghai, Hangzhou or Suzhou, my advice is not to do Hangzhou because there is nothing much to see along the route. I did the Hangzhou thing because I was attracted to the word "Grand canal". But it was a total disappointment. On trip advisor, one will only find comments in Chinese for this 'attraction'.

The Shanghai one offers you the bright lights at night, so it must be beautiful.

It was only after returning home, I know that Grand canal passes thtough Suzhou, and saw the pictures of the Suzhou segment of Grand canal and they were beautiful. In fact more beautiful than the ones taken at Tongli water town that I feel that I wouldn't have rushed to Tongli, but do the Suzhou Grand canal cruise instead.

This is my opinion. However, you might understand better if you have been there.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: DON'T do Hangzhou night canal cruise

Well, the grand canal was listed as the UNESCO in Jun. Actually, there are many to see during the night. But i prefer to walk around the Grand canal area, especially the Gongchenqiao Area.

4. Re: DON'T do Hangzhou night canal cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 18, 2015