We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ZhouZhuang to Hangzhou

San Jose, California
2 posts
Save Topic
ZhouZhuang to Hangzhou

Any suggestions on particular busses and trains (+stations) in traveling one way from ZhouZhuang to Hangzhou? I'm in ZhouZhuang now and would like to travel to Hangzhou, leaving early afternoon tomorrow.

I'm thinking of taking a bus from ZhouZhuang to Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station and then from there to Hangzhou Railway Station, but am not sure if there is anything "better". I've booked a hotel on the southeast side of Westlake there. I do prefer traveling by (fast) train as much as possible as that seems faster and easier since I do not speak any Chinese.

Any insights are very much appreciated. Thank you!!

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ZhouZhuang to Hangzhou

Richard33020

You'd better go to Suzhou first and take train from Suzhou to Hangzhou~

China
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ZhouZhuang to Hangzhou

Yes, Richard,

Both options are ok, the one is that you mentioned, taking a bus to Shanghai train station and then taking a fast/bullet train to Hangzhou, the train takes about 50 minutes; another option is taking a bus to Suzhou and change to take a fast train to Hangzhou, the train takes about 80 minutes. But you have to consider the time spent on finding a way to the train stations.

Good luck,

China Culture Tour

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
San Jose, California
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ZhouZhuang to Hangzhou

Thank you both for your advice. I did take a bus to Shanghai and then the bullet train to Hangzhou. The bus took a while --- I think around 3 hours. The train took just over one hour. Both were comfortable trips. I'm not sure how much difference I would have had going through Suzhou. I appreciate your help!

Mentioned in this post
Shanghai
Shanghai
Shanghai Region, China
4. Re: ZhouZhuang to Hangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 17, 2013