We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
186 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

The Westlake Show was included in a tour that we were purchasing from China Travel Service. When we switched to Friendly Planet, the itinerary is different and does not include a visit to Hangzhou.

We will have some free time in Shanghai. The reviews of the show sound awesome. Is it something for us to do on our own? and how?

Thanks!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,770 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

A long and expensive detour to see this show. Take the train then a taxi from the Hangzhou train station.

Check the train schedule here: chinatravelguide.com/ctgwiki/…

New Jersey
Level Contributor
186 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

Thanks for the response. We are headed to China at the end of May and I am deep into the research phase. Sometimes I think I love researching more than the trip...(-: It's like XMAS, so much goes into it and then it's over!

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,843 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

Hangzhou is worth a visit if you have time. The show runs pretty late, so I'd plan for an overnight stay. It's a really beautiful show.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
233 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

By bullet train from shanghai hongqiao railway station, get a taxi from hangzhou railway station to dongpo theater.

Pls check the following link : http://www.xhnight.com/home.html?lg=EN

Enjoy the show !

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,532 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

Yes, this is an overnight trip, as it is traffic gridlock after the show. So if you are traveling to Hangzhou for the show, you might as well allow for a few hours to tour around the lake. The shopping is pretty ordinary, normal jimcracks you find in all markets. You can stay overnight and then travel back the next day.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

Fun girl, I am going to China the end of may too. Let me know the places you plan to visit. Like you I enjoy researching as much as visiting a new place. Write to me at carlapai@hotmail.com. I would love to hear about your plans.Carla

New Jersey
Level Contributor
186 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

Carla, I've sent you an email...(-:

8. Re: Westlake Show from Shanghai possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, June 18, 2013