We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hangzhou to Huangshan

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hangzhou to Huangshan

Hey all,

Am deciding to Go up to Huangshan during late December, Is it possible ? And also May I get some advise on the mode of transport to the summit of Huangshan. It is going to be a bus ride and then cable car? Hope to get as much information as possible, appreciate if anyone could help!=)

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hangzhou to Huangshan

Of course it's possible all year round. You take bus from Hangzhou and get off at Tangkou then change to bus to Yungu cable car station, up to mountain, sightseeing, overnight on mountain (maybe Beihai Hotel if still open, be aware hotels on peak maybe close in winter, better to ask in advance). Next morning you see sunrise then climb down or use Yuping cable car down. Take bus to Tangku, then take bus to Hangzhou. I you have more time, add Xidi, Hongcun by hiring a car at about 200-300 Yuan round trip.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hangzhou to Huangshan

Or you go reversed. note that i mean you go up either from Yungu Si or from Ciguangge then down using the other route.

Yungu Si - Peak is route A, Ciguangge - Peak is the opposite route B.

hangzhou ,zhejiang...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hangzhou to Huangshan

when do you want to go ,we may share a van ,I got some friends wanted to visit it ,still planning .if possible we may go together. The yungushi cable car is under maintain ,you may go by cigouangge cable car.

KL
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hangzhou to Huangshan

Can refer to my trip report for more info: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303685-i10955-k32…

5. Re: Hangzhou to Huangshan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, June 22, 2013