We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Singapore
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Topic
Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

I set off from Shanghai early in the morning so I should arrive fairly early in Hangzhou.

Day 1 - hopefully, check in to Orange Crystal, drop my bag there and spend the rest of the late morning/afternoon just exploring West Lake. I am very keen to rent a bike and just go round the lake. Late afternoon/evening, I will go up Wushan Square and then to Hefang street for dinner and I guess end of the day.

Day 2 - morning I will go Lingyin temple. After that I don't know what to do. I have read about this Leifeng Pagoda, Colored Port viewing fish garden, Hupao Spring but how near or far apart are they and how many can I do for the rest of Day 2?

Day 3 - I will set off to Jiashan then to Xitang and overnight there before going back to Shanghai the following day.

I'm a nature/scenery person so if you have something else to recommend me, that would be great. I also like climbing a bit of hills and nature walk and also i like gardens, flowers and ancient temples.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Hangzhou is easy to go as most sites are around the lake, your arrangment is not bad.

Singapore
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Actually, how big is xihu? Can I cycle leisurely round it in half a day?

Hangzhou, China
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Hi, welcome to Hangzhou!! Its a beautiful city with rich history and heartwarming people.

Your plan is good.

On day 2, The Huagang Park is next to West Lake, and Hupao Spring is near the lake within 10 min by bike.

While Linying Temple is a little bit far from the lake. within 20 min drive.

But only 3 places is not enough for the whole day. You can also explore the Longjing Tea Plantation and visit the China Tea Museum near the tea village. Tea museum is near Linying Temple.

If you want to rent a bike, you'd better rent it from Hotel. Otherwise you should buy a deposut card first.

Last but not least you cannot miss the night show in Hangzhou.

There are 2 night shows, both of them are very amazing and spectacular.

Impression West Lake and Romance of Song Dynasty.

I happen to know there is a website displays the detail information of the two shows.

You can click if you want.

It's: www.gotohangzhou.com

Wish you have a nice trip in Hangzhou!!

4. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:32 am, November 29, 2011
Singapore
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Thank you so much, Sally and Shirley.

OK, if the perimeter is only 15km, it is easy to go around it but I need to be clear about this. By cycling round the lake, I will get to visit Lei Feng Pagoda, Huagang Park, Hupao Spring, etc? In that case, I may alter my itinenarary and devote the entire Day 2 to cycling round the lake, stopping at various points of interests. Besides the tea plantation, what tourist attractions are there along the path of my round the lake cycling trip? I think I can end the day with one of the shows.

For Day 1, since I have probably slightly more than half a day, I will take a cab to Lingyin temple and visit Wushan Square and Hefang Street.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Hi fellow singaporean,

if you are Chinese, why not just take the local chinese tour of Hangzhou (散客团). I did just that, and certainly not disappointed! Went to Lingyin Temple, YueFei Tomb, Hupao Spring and short boat ride on the West Lake (partial) - treat it as a sampler Hangzhou trip but bear with the silk factory tour and tea plantation if you are not so much a shopper. > all for RMB 130 per person. If you need the contact you could msg me, if not, just check with your hotel! (they offer pick up from hotel even!)

Singapore
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

That sounds like a good idea, GoAllPlaces. Do msg me the info.

One thing though I absolutely hate when joining group tours is the shopping part of it. How long is the tour, half-day or full? And may I know how much time was allocated at each stop like Lingyin Temple, Hupao Spring,etc vs say at the shopping stops?

Btw, are those the only places the tour covers or there are more? Thanks.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Hi dragonking, I'm a native of Hangzhou. Welcome and I'd like to give you some suggestions on your schedule. On your second day of itineray, I recommend you go arround Santianzhu, temples not far from Linyin where you could found similar buddhism features but much less tourists. Actually I often go there in weekends and enjoy vegetarian diets there with my family. Sit in a buddha hall, just pay a little, monks bring you foods and tell you the only rule is, eat up all you ordered and no wasting. Such interesting experience is unforgetable for everyone. And another good place is Longjing tea plantation. But I'am not suggesting you to visit museum or have a cup of tea. What I had experience is, clumbing the hill because the tea plantation are right there. Go through the tea planation and get a place named Meijiawu, spend a half day to enjoy a local homestay at a tea famer's home. The tea farmers are rurally but experienced hosts because many local familis from other place in China like to spend their vacations there.

Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Or if you need a tour service. You also could contact me with email yoan@absolutechinatours.com. I'm work for a local travel company based in Hangzhou city.

Singapore
Level Contributor
915 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me plan my 3 days in Hangzhou

Thanks, yoancts. I like the temples too so yes I would visit Santianzhu too since it is just besides Lingyin, ie, I assume I can just walk over after I have toured Lingyin?

Btw, do you have any advice if I want to rent a bike and cycle round Xihu? Do you have a suggested path or itinerary on bike?