We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

Which Kunming hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

Would like to visit (solo) :Yuangyang and Jianshui, early November.

A) Is this a feasable itinerary:

day 1: Kunming - Yuangyang

day 2: early morning and late afternoon viewing of rice fields

day 3: visit Jianshui

day 4: drive to airport Kunming for late afternoon flight?

B) How would I go about finding reliable transport (car with English speaking driver/guide) and what fees can I expect for 3 nights hotel + breakfast, and 4 days driving? Thanks a lot!

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

Your itinerary is reasonable,and November is a right time to visit Yuanyang Terrace.But it is not cheap for a solo traveller to hire a private car and an English speaking guide for 4 days service. Just wonder whether you would like to join a group travel around?Or choose to travel with public vehicles?

canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

@wanderchina: thanks for your response

I have exactly 4 fixed days to spare (Nov. 1 - 4), adding these days to an already existing group tour through other parts of Yunnan in October.

I have not found a group tour for exactly the same days, unfortunately, as most organized trips to Y & J are longer and on other days.

And I fear that in such a short period of time, public transport between cities, from & to the viewing points, and then to the airport, would be quite complex and risky.....

Edited: 11:06 pm, January 16, 2013
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

I agree with you.It will make you in a rush in such a short time to find out where to go and where to eat if you use public vehicles.Did you ask that travel company you will use for group tour whether they would like to arrange a private service for your own travel route?

canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

@ wanderchina: Good idea, will explore that!

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

Ask that travel agency first.Please feel free to consult me when you need any advice about your travel around China.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

Hi , the better route will be:

day 1: Kunming - Jianshui

day 2: Jianshui-Yuanyang, afternoon viewing of rice fields

day 3: Morning viewing of rice fieds, local villiages visit

day 4: Drive to airport Kunming for late afternoon flight

It's because you need to pass Jianshui first, then get to Yuanyang. And it takes about 8 hours drive from Yuanyang to Kunming. Jianshui is ancient town, stay in Zhu family garden would be a good experience.

Transportation with an English speaking guide is a good choice. Very very little driver could speak English.

More info, you can contact me, welcome to my hometown, Yunnan!

Cheers, Linda

7. Re: 4 days/ 3 nights Yuangyang/ Jianshui in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 19, 2014