We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

Johor Bahru...
7 posts
Save Topic
Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

Can anybody adv me how to book train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang. I checked the China Train Website but unable to understand because all in Chinese.

China
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

Are you in China now? If so, you can go to a train station to book it or find a tour agent to book it for you.

Good luck,

China Culture Tour

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

Hi, resently I am advised to book train tickets via a travel agency in China. They can book for you and then give you tickets when you arrive China. You need to send them your copy of passpport and make the payment.

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

If you want to book the ticket via the train website, you need to pay by Chinese bank card. After the payment, you will get the confirmation number and can pick up the ticket in the station.

Better let the local agency to book it for you.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,316 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

To travel when? Some agencies need advance payment and copy of passport but not all.

Johor Bahru...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

No, I have not arrived in China. I have checked with some tour agent but there are a lot of charges incurred for example delivery charges, commission etc. Can I know is there any other way I can book online? of course not through the China train website.

China
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

You have to book it via a local agent or a friend. Booking fee and delivery fee is a necessary! Or you can book it when you are in China.

Good luck!

China Culture Tour

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,316 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

No you cannot book yourself online. The two most common agents that I know of are chinatripadvisor.com (more expensive, advance payment required but delivery to hotel) or china.diy.travel(cheaper, no advance payment but you pick up your tickets at the train station).

Johor Bahru...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

I did ask China DIY about the train tickets but they said we have to joint a tour programme with them than they will provide the service, is true?

Can you give the website for China DIY?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

i got my train ticket (the night train VIP cabin) through the Kunming agent "Wonders of Yunnan". Paid nearly RMB 200 for service fee and ticket delivery to train station on my arrival in kunming. The service is reliable and i didnt mind too much about paying this much of a fee since i got the ticket i needed.

By the way, it is nearly impossible for foreigner residing outside of China to book train ticket directly on the China Railway website as it will definitely require a Chines mobile phone number to be entered in the data field during booking, and which we foreigner outside China will not have a Chinese mobile number.

Edited: 9:48 am, December 17, 2012
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,316 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train tickets from Kunming to Lijiang

Sorry, I should have given you the proper address, it is china.diy.travel@gmail.com

They charge $10 per ticket and you only pay after and if they get the tickets.