We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfare from Shanghai to Xian

Singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
Airfare from Shanghai to Xian

We just got back from Beijing/Shanghai/Souzhou/Hangzhou a last week. It was great as it was our first time to China.

Already we are planning to return to Shanghai by end of this month. This time we're going to Xian as a side trip.

I hope someone can tell me what's the airfare like from Shanghai to Xian. Is it cheaper to go Xian by train or flight? Do we buy our airtickets there or do we need to get it before we depart our country?

Any help is appreciated.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airfare from Shanghai to Xian

Prices at the moment look to be around 700 RMB each way at the lowest. If you could drop me an email with your dates of travel I could probably check out the discounted prices for you, don't mind helping out a fellow citizen. Definitely cheaper than buying in Singapore.

The train would definitely still be cheaper (around 300+ RMB for hard sleeper and 500 RMB for soft sleeper), especially when you factor in transport costs and an extra night of accommodation somewhere. However the train would take 16+ hours at least.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airfare from Shanghai to Xian

Forgot to say, email address is ellyse99@yahoo.com and please put "TripAdvisor" and your username in the subject line so that I don't junk your email by mistake. Thanks. :)

Singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airfare from Shanghai to Xian

May I know the airline, timing & under what economy class of travel for RMB700 one way.

Thanks.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airfare from Shanghai to Xian

Well, excuse me, why else did you think I was asking you to email me with your dates of travel, if not to give you more specific details about airlines and timings?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Airfare from Shanghai to Xian

And just to reassure you, no, I'm not a monster who's going to bite your head off! No, I won't stalk you to your home either, LOL. :P

6. Re: Airfare from Shanghai to Xian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 18, 2009