We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

XiAn in 3 days

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
XiAn in 3 days

Hi Commarades,

My partner and I we are traveling from Kuala Lumpur to XiAn on the 09/07 until the 12/07 for a short visit. My partner who is English wants to visit the Terracotta warriors and other local attractions.

I have been searching some hotels that works within our budget of around 300-450CNY a night. I have seen 2 that we are quite interested in but we haven't decided on which to book in or does anyone know any hotels that is clean, reasonable and close to the local attractions? We looked at the Grand Mercure on Xiamen Square and also the Goldentang International Hotel? Can anyone give me some suggestions please? I saw that Goldentang International Hotel is located just in the city where 2 minutes walk to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, but when I tried to use google map it shows that walking would take more than an hour! I'm so confused now!

Also, what are the best options to transfer from the airport to the hotel? Taxi or does anyone know any private cars that would charge at a cheap price?

As to local tours, can anyone suggest some good tour guides or tour groups that we could join?

I look forward to hear from all your suggestions and it will be highly appreciated!!

Thanking you now!

Best regards,

Hansel

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: XiAn in 3 days

Hello:

The hotel you want to book at the city Grand Mercure, nice location and good service.

I haven't never heard the Goldentang internation hotel( Maybe English name) since it is located in the city, it is impossible for you walk 2 minutes to the wild goose pagoda from it beacause the wild goose pagoda is about 5 kilomters away from the Bell Tower , the city center.

The shuttle bus is nice option to you to take you to the town from the airport, it olny costs 26rmb per people.

The local taxi will cost you 120-130 rmb are all feasible price for you.

hope this can help you

xianhistorytourguide

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: XiAn in 3 days

Hi there,

thank you for your reply. I just found out that Goldentang International Hotel is previously named and now is actually called Merlinhod Hotel Xian. Not sure if that comes into your mind?

79 West Street, Lianhu District

Lianhu

Xi'an, 710002, China

That is the address of the hotel.

And also, if you know the hotel above, what bus would we have to catch?

Are you also a tour guide in Xian?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Hansel

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: XiAn in 3 days

Hello:

I am so sorry to tell you that I haven't never ever heard that hotel before, from the address you gave to me, it can reached by subway line one, for my option , the grand Mercure is nice option for you, walking distance to the local Muslim quarter and Great mosque.

Hope this can help

Bryanbai

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: XiAn in 3 days

Hi there again Bryan,

What about this? Does this sound to you, I copied and paste from my booking. 西安美丽豪酒店(原西安美华金唐国际酒店)

Thanks

Hansel

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: XiAn in 3 days

Hi there!

We were in Xian from 12 May to 17 May and we put up at Citadines Central Xian (managed by the Ascott Group) @ Zubashi.

It is an apartment hotel complete with basic amenities (fridge, stove top, kettle, cutleries, plates, pan).

Its clean and spacious. Check in and check out was a breeze! Staff were very friendly and speak reasonably good English. We have no regret at all for choosing this hotel even though the hotel was under renovation during our stay.

Walking distance to the Drum Tower and the infamous Muslim Quarter. The hotel can also arrange for a tour to the Terracotta Warrior site if you like. You may want to review this hotel through several website online.

The best transfer from the airport would be the express bus. It is only RMB26/person. If you are staying at Citadines Central Xian, you need to alight at the last stop which is in front of the Melody Hotel. It is walking distance to the hotel. Otherwise, you can take the green cab. It will cost you RMB150.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip to Xian!

Wahidah Wahab

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: XiAn in 3 days

Hello:

I know that hotel very well, located right beside of the Durm tower, walking distance to the local Muslim street and shuttle bus stop to the airport, nice location. Many years ago,my former clients used it,nice hotel room and good breakfast.

Hope this can help you

xianhistorytourguide

7. Re: XiAn in 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 24, 2015